Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Kennel Limits
 Wren9403
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/17/2022 3:05:31 PM reply with quote send message to Wren9403 Object to Post   

Would it be worth petitioning to have the kennel limit increased for subscribers? With fewer active players than there once were, increasing the kennel limit would help to keep some breeds going...
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/17/2022 5:03:32 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Personally, I think letting breeds "die" off is the only way to get a breed reset at this point.

Users consolidating more dogs into fewer kennels won't financially encourage Jeff to keep the game going.

Will
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/17/2022 9:41:36 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Personally I'd support a modest increase. I don't think an increase to 40 would make any great difference to the dynamics of the main game but it might keep some of the "breed rescue" folks from throwing in the towel.

I don't know how easy the change would be to implement though. How many places does the code refer to the limit of 30 (or 35)?
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/18/2022 8:39:22 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

For those wanting more kennel slots, have you taken advantage of the extra 5 slots for purchase?

Will
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/18/2022 10:31:24 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

posted by BarStar
For those wanting more kennel slots, have you taken advantage of the extra 5 slots for purchase?

Will

I have, years ago, in all 3 of my kennels.
I think 35 dogs is plenty, for me. In this kennel, I haven’t even been close to 35 but it’s there if I need it.

Carol
 Jakobi
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/18/2022 4:06:36 PM reply with quote send message to Jakobi Object to Post

posted by BarStar

Will

Could you please advise how/where is this done? Thank you
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/18/2022 5:11:27 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

posted by Jakobi
posted by BarStar

Will

On your page, there should be a section labeled kennel stats.

You will see a stat for Kennel Limit.

Next to it will be a green arrow.

Click on the arrow.

You get the option to upgrade up to 5 spots. Each extra dog spot is $5. It's a one time fee and the extra slot stays on your kennel forever.

Will
 bsgk5
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/22/2022 2:51:27 PM reply with quote send message to bsgk5 Object to Post

Will, I have upgraded all my family kennels. I suggested in another thread that, for those reaching the 20 year anniversary, we automatically get an upgrade of 5 slots (to 35 or 40 based on whether you have paid to upgrade already). Thoughts?
 Jakobi
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/30/2022 8:57:25 PM reply with quote send message to Jakobi Object to Post

posted by BarStar
posted by Jakobi
posted by BarStar

Will

Click on the arrow.

You get the option to upgrade up to 5 spots. Each extra dog spot is $5. It's a one time fee and the extra slot stays on your kennel forever.

Will

Jakobi
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/30/2022 8:58:52 PM reply with quote send message to Jakobi Object to Post

Click on the arrow.

Will
Thank you for that. I always thought that was a little pine tree for decoration. lol
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/31/2022 7:18:10 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yeah, I thought it was a Christmas tree too for ages! Lol!

I also thought some kind of award for perseverance would be nice - something tangible.

A few free slots would be great - especially for those of us who have not only had accounts for a long time but actually subscribed and active more or less continuously through that time.

me__0021
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/1/2022 1:27:40 AM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post

These ideas are interesting, I'd love to see some data on the number of users and what is driving people to be involved. In my 'other life' I'm a business teacher, and currently working with my students on a project that involves repositioning a business.

At this point I'm starting to wonder if a reset isn't a good idea. In all of my kennels we are getting pretty close to 100% and too of those breeds are very small niche breeds.

I too am nearing my 20 year anniversary, which is scary!

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.