Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : A SD ethics question
 Fenian Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/23/2022 12:35:35 PM reply with quote send message to Fenian Kennel Object to Post   

Hi all:

I am not a new player, but it’s been about four years since I was last here and since I was not gifted with the memory of an elephant, (an elephant never forgets, so they say), I don’t know if this has happened to anyone before. I know it has never happened to me.

I have a family account and I was thinking about one particular breed for one of the kennels. I found a bitch of that breed and purchased her. It was then I realised…. I was not in the kennel I should have been. Since this is my first bitch in the breed, I don’t have any other stock to compare it to, so did not check my current dogs as I normally would.

Is it against the rules to sell this bitch to my other kennel, *for what I paid for her*, thereby putting her in the place she should have gone, or do I just leave her there and continue buying more dogs in the breed in the correct kennel and count my lesson learned? I’m sure I’m not the only one who has made such an error?

Éamon
 DetroitKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2022 12:42:16 PM reply with quote send message to DetroitKennel Object to Post

I’m sure everyone who has a family account has done that at least once. Mistakes happen! Don’t worry about it just transfer the dog over for the price paid for. That way it’s not manipulating any funds, and your mistake is fixed yay.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/23/2022 11:01:11 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Like Detroit said - not a problem.

And welcome back!
 Fenian Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/24/2022 11:38:56 AM reply with quote send message to Fenian Kennel Object to Post

Ok, thanks to you both.

Éamon
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/24/2022 4:26:36 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

Been there done that more times than I care to mention. I just put the dog up for sale for $100 with approval and buy it from the other kennel. Done.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class