.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Jobs!
 tennisball
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/9/2007 9:25:06 PM reply with quote send message to tennisball Object to Post   

I work at a grocery store as a cashier and I was just curious where everyone else works and if you like your job or not. Please reply. laugh :D

Also, what do you all think about dating someone you work with because I have a crush on someone I work with, but he already has a girlfriend. Anyways, some people think it interfers, but I don't think it does. There are a lot of people dating etc. where I work. What do you guys think. All opinions welcome!
 SilverFrost
Basic User

Basic User
9/13/2007 7:39:53 PM reply with quote send message to SilverFrost Object to Post

Well, he already has a girlfriend so... I'm pretty sure he's off limits :P
 Salvaje
Basic User

Basic User
9/13/2007 7:46:31 PM reply with quote send message to Salvaje Object to Post

Shybade
Basic User

Basic User
9/13/2007 8:23:12 PM reply with quote send message to Shybade Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I work in a kennel. We do boarding, grooming and they show/breed Miniature Schnauzers. I've been there a little over 12 years now, and I have a love/hate relationship with the place. Most of the dogs are great, but occasionally one comes in that thinks they're going to take me for a walk- those aren't too fun. Other than that, the drama with the people is what's a bummer. Most of the time I feel like I'm a "dear abbey" with everyone unloading all of their problems on me and it just drives me a bit wacky.

As for dating in the workplace.. been there, done that,wont do it again, and don't recommend it.

* Edited because I can't type when on the phone...
 tennisball
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2007 5:15:27 PM reply with quote send message to tennisball Object to Post

Thanks Salvaje for the article. I found it pretty interesting. laugh :D And thanks Shybade for your input! laugh :D To me it sounds like you have a great job because it involves helping animals and in a way people too. Also, sorry about your relationship. I hope everything worked out ok. Did that happen at the kennel you work at now or somewhere else? I was just curious. laugh :D
 Shybade
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2007 5:39:31 PM reply with quote send message to Shybade Object to Post

Yes, the relationships were with people I met from the kennel. I not only made the mistake once, but twice, and thankfully learned after goofing up twice lol. I did end up dating my boss' friend and we were together nearly 9 years, and even after we split up, we're still friends.

tennisball
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2007 6:37:52 PM reply with quote send message to tennisball Object to Post

I'm glad to hear you're still friends! happy :) I'm assuming you still work together? Anyways. I don't know how our "relationship" will work out, but I hope we will remain friends.
 Alix Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2007 5:44:54 PM reply with quote send message to Alix Kennels Object to Post

i have my own kennel and i'm breeding Great Danes and Pomeranians too, and its fun but i'm not well known yet but its a really nice little kennel.

Alix Kennels
 GermanShepherdLove12345
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2007 5:16:03 PM reply with quote send message to GermanShepherdLove12345 Object to Post

I had a summer job at the barn I board my horse at. I've been the 'middle ground' in relationship stuff there between employees, and sometimes it gets ugly... Let's just say one of the guys actually MOVED AWAY and stopped going to the barn after a fight with his ex.

Now we only have 2 guys riding there regularly and one of them is like 10. laugh :D So you can imagine all the pining going on over the 16 year old. LOL. He's currently going out with the ex girlfriend of the guy who moved away...and I'll be there to see how it ends. Lol.

GSL
 BrokenLineLovers
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2007 7:15:47 PM reply with quote send message to BrokenLineLovers Object to Post

I work at a pet store. (We don't sell cats, dogs, or ferrets, don't worry)

I love my job, and get payed well for a highschool student. My boyfriend works here as well happy :) We don't work the same shifts, though, upon my request.
 tennisball
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2007 7:52:23 PM reply with quote send message to tennisball Object to Post

posted by GermanShepherdLove12345
I had a summer job at the barn I board my horse at. I've been the 'middle ground' in relationship stuff there between employees, and sometimes it gets ugly... Let's just say one of the guys actually MOVED AWAY and stopped going to the barn after a fight with his ex.

Now we only have 2 guys riding there regularly and one of them is like 10. laugh :D So you can imagine all the pining going on over the 16 year old. LOL. He's currently going out with the ex girlfriend of the guy who moved away...and I'll be there to see how it ends. Lol.

GSL

It sounds like a soap opera where you work. lol! laugh :D
Anyways, just last week I met my crushes girlfriend so that was pretty weird. She seems really nice though and I'm friends with her older sister. And to make it more weird, my best friend works with my crush's girlfried and she's friends with her, so it's always kind of awkward when we talk about her.
 GermanShepherdLove12345
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2007 8:24:03 PM reply with quote send message to GermanShepherdLove12345 Object to Post

posted by tennisball
Anyways, just last week I met my crushes girlfriend so that was pretty weird. She seems really nice though and I'm friends with her older sister. And to make it more weird, my best friend works with my crush's girlfried and she's friends with her, so it's always kind of awkward when we talk about her.

Wow. That's gotta be awkward (and confusing!!)

GSL
 tennisball
Basic User

Basic User
9/28/2007 7:27:40 PM reply with quote send message to tennisball Object to Post

posted by GermanShepherdLove12345
posted by tennisball

Wow. That's gotta be awkward (and confusing!!)

GSL

Yes, but I live in one of those towns where everyone knows everyone. It's not a small town, but it's no NY city either.
 Honey Rose
Basic User

Basic User
9/28/2007 8:49:35 PM reply with quote send message to Honey Rose Object to Post

I work at a farm. So you people can cry me a river......Jk lol.... I do work at a fram tho for minimum wage!
 Sunnierhawk0
Basic User

Basic User
9/29/2007 6:47:12 AM reply with quote send message to Sunnierhawk0 Object to Post

I work at a call center ( basically Im a telemarketer) but hey, for $9 a hour, Im gonna call you lol. Its def. not a job I really "enjoy" but right now its all a bout the $$$, and beleive me, Im looking everyday for a job to replace it lol.
 Siberian Inc.
Basic User

Basic User
9/29/2007 8:15:01 AM reply with quote send message to Siberian Inc. Object to Post

I'm a Siberian Husky breeder. I don't show them, I breed them for dog sledding. happy :)
 tennisball
Basic User

Basic User
9/29/2007 9:07:33 AM reply with quote send message to tennisball Object to Post

All those jobs sound pretty interesting! laugh :D Especially the sibe breeder. Sibes are my favorite breed. It must be a great job!
 Siberian Inc.
Basic User

Basic User
9/29/2007 11:53:06 AM reply with quote send message to Siberian Inc. Object to Post

Yes. They need to be exercised a lot. At least it's fun.
 Arohawk Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2007 5:34:18 AM reply with quote send message to Arohawk Kennels Object to Post

I am a Social Worker at a very well known Long Term Care FAcility and Rehab center in WNY. My dogs get to go to work with me as part of it being as homelike as possible. I love my job! I also work part time at rite aid and I am either counting pills in the pharmacy or busy behind the photo counter.

Jackie
 FASTSheltie
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2007 6:37:57 PM reply with quote send message to FASTSheltie Object to Post

I work at an ESS field trial kennel
 Short dog
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2007 8:48:14 PM reply with quote send message to Short dog Object to Post

I work as an RN on a hospice and oncology floor in a hospital. I love my job! My dog can't come, but sometimes the therapy dogs visit. Sometimes I think they help the staff more than anyone.happy :)

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.