Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Number of breeds
 KennelMio
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/5/2023 12:20:50 PM reply with quote send message to KennelMio Object to Post   

I’m pretty new at this and have been trying to get a sense of which and how many breeds I am interested in working with. I’m curious about what others like to do in terms of numbers different breeds or how you personally figured out what works for you?

Thanks!
 CzarinaKennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/5/2023 12:26:30 PM reply with quote send message to CzarinaKennels Object to Post

I have two family accounts and on average I have three breeds per account. I find that this amount allows me to keep the dogs I need while not letting me hold onto dogs I don’t actually need. It forces me to make the tough decision.
That being said most of my accounts are upgraded to the 35 dog option lol.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/5/2023 12:30:19 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

5 in kennel 1
5 in kennel 2
3 in kennel 3
1 in kennel 4
3 in kennel 5

It's too many unless you have a predetermined number of each breed you plan to keep. Personally that never works for me because I have too much trouble getting rid of dogs. I am planning to eliminate some of the breeds and keep it to 3 max. But even in kennel #4 I am over the limit! LOL. I find that in rare breeds with not many others in the breed I am hesitant to get rid of any of them. Help!!! LOL
 Sunwing
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/5/2023 12:40:47 PM reply with quote send message to Sunwing Object to Post

Depends what I'm doing, but generally I like to have each kennel with a main focus breed and then a side breed or two to keep things interesting.

If I'm working on a big project I don't go above 2 breeds normally. But if it's just a small project then I'll do 3.

Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/5/2023 12:40:48 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

It depends! Every time I do more than two, I get confused laugh :D right now, I have two premium kennels with one breed each.
 Aussiewolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/5/2023 3:18:36 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post

I prefer 1 breed per kennel. Have tried to have more than one per kennel, but gave that up.

I like to have that room for particular source breeding projects in some breeds alongside my higher SOP breeding. This way I can improve head traits, and introduce rare colours some of my in breeds. Kelpies (colour), Wirehaired Pointing Griffons (colour) and Bearded Collie (colour and heads) and Norwegian Buhunds (heads).
 KennelMio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/5/2023 7:41:50 PM reply with quote send message to KennelMio Object to Post

Thanks, all!

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.