Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Condition - Negative
 Thomas’
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/25/2023 8:11:08 PM reply with quote send message to Thomas’ Object to Post   

Hello all! I actually posted this originally as a reply to an old topic, but I realized some may not see it.

I saw a dog listed for sale with negative condition - I hadn't seen that when I played before (years ago), and hadn't seen it yet this time around.

I bought the puppy out of curiosity and as an experiment to see how fast/if I can get condition up.

How does that happen? What causes negative condition?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/25/2023 9:46:17 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The condition of the dam is very important. In this case, the dam's condition is 7, which is poor, so this affected her offspring. (I am assuming you are referring to the Irish Setter in your kennel.)

Read more here:
https://www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=37

... The condition a puppy is born with is based on the condition of the mother at the time she whelps. The higher a mother's condition is, the higher the puppies' condition will be at birth.

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 2/25/2023 9:48:00 PM

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.