.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Site Status Update - Afternoons
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
1/26/2024 6:37:46 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

The site that keeps the lights on for us is Livestockjudging.com. Showdog was less than 5% of our revenue last year and Livestockjudging was 92%.

That being said, the two sites share the same server. This is peak season for that site and we've been having bottlenecks between 2-3 PM and looking at the analytics, the Showdog database is consuming too much memory. That's because of my crappy programming over the past twenty years.

WE HAVE NO INTENTION OF SHUTTING SHOWDOG DOWN.

However, if I can't figure out the memory issues, Showdog may be down in the afternoons.

I HOPE I can find the issues and not have to do it but this will be a take or leave-it kind of thing, if you'd like a refund, I can send you one.
 tarad202
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/26/2024 10:36:06 AM reply with quote send message to tarad202 Object to Post

I'm sad to hear that Showdog was so little revenue for you! But I am glad to hear it won't be shutting down. I don't mind it being shut down for an hour in the afternoons, after all, this is a game of patience.
 pooh98
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/26/2024 10:48:03 AM reply with quote send message to pooh98 Object to Post

posted by admin
The site that keeps the lights on for us is Livestockjudging.com. Showdog was less than 5% of our revenue last year and Livestockjudging was 92%.

That being said, the two sites share the same server. This is peak season for that site and we've been having bottlenecks between 2-3 PM and looking at the analytics, the Showdog database is consuming too much memory. That's because of my crappy programming over the past twenty years.

However, if I can't figure out the memory issues, Showdog may be down in the afternoons.

I HOPE I can find the issues and not have to do it but this will be a take or leave-it kind of thing, if you'd like a refund, I can send you one.

pooh98
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/26/2024 10:49:05 AM reply with quote send message to pooh98 Object to Post

posted by admin

Thanks for the update Jeff glad to hear you’re not closing us down. I need this game as I love it x
 Mahoning Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/26/2024 11:04:36 AM reply with quote send message to Mahoning Kennels Object to Post

Is showrabbits dead or just shutdown for afternoons?
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/26/2024 1:13:06 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Just glad to still be here, Jeff.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/26/2024 1:13:39 PM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Good to hear from you Jeff. Now I have to go check out the other site. LOL
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
1/26/2024 5:05:41 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Livestockjudging.com isn't a game, it's an educational site.

Yes, Showrabbits is probably done. It is just a matter of it taking up too much memory on the server right now.

If these sites were done in c# the way I redid LSJ, it'd be different. I had started redoing Showcattle as Steerjock like that but Livestockjudging has been more than I can handle.
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/27/2024 11:12:00 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Thank you Jeff.
I have no problems with you shutting down in the afternoons, if that will help the cause. happy :)

Carol
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/27/2024 9:19:48 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

No problem for me but do you have a specific window?

12:00 to 3:00pm, 12:00 to 5:00pm or something else so we know when to try.

Thanks for the heads up.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 1/27/2024 9:20:22 PM

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.