.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : So...
 Ruby Gem Terriers
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/14/2008 9:49:21 PM reply with quote send message to Ruby Gem Terriers Object to Post   

What's the U.K. like? I've always wanted to go there.

RG
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
4/18/2008 2:59:23 AM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

Wet and cold razz :p
 Waggy Tail
Basic User

Basic User
4/21/2008 10:42:26 AM reply with quote send message to Waggy Tail Object to Post

posted by angus my golden retriver
Wet and cold razz :p
i second that razz :p
London is amazing though...
(Amazingly wet, most days wink ;))
 Jessie and Kellys Collies
Basic User

Basic User
4/21/2008 10:51:33 AM reply with quote send message to Jessie and Kellys Collies Object to Post

Trust me, unless you like History and rain, don't go. It is possibly the most wet and boring place to go. England is full of Chavs and a lot of criminals. However we do have a lot of horses and the shopping is pretty good wink ;)

Really depends on where you go.

Tic Tacs
Basic User

Basic User
4/21/2008 11:15:53 AM reply with quote send message to Tic Tacs Object to Post

Yer but that's just Essex though
lol
 Ruby Gem Terriers
Basic User

Basic User
4/21/2008 6:14:22 PM reply with quote send message to Ruby Gem Terriers Object to Post

rofl

RG
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
4/23/2008 3:48:12 PM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

It isn't full of chavs and criminals everywere... in alot of places there are but in countryside were the nice views are. Going to London is good though the london eye is brilliant happy :)

AMGR
 foreversummer
Basic User

Basic User
4/23/2008 3:51:09 PM reply with quote send message to foreversummer Object to Post

Horses...wow...And I love history...I must consider making a visit...anyone have room? XD
 Jessie and Kellys Collies
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2008 10:58:37 AM reply with quote send message to Jessie and Kellys Collies Object to Post

posted by angus my golden retriver
It isn't full of chavs and criminals everywere... in alot of places there are but in countryside were the nice views are. Going to London is good though the london eye is brilliant happy :)

AMGR

I did say it depends on where you go, sunshine wink ;) Haha.

Golden_Pride_Pups
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2008 2:28:10 PM reply with quote send message to Golden_Pride_Pups Object to Post

In scotland it is bitterly cold somedays and the next days are schorchers. A lot of livestock and animals!!!!Wouldn't change it for the world!
 ShonastarStarlight
Basic User

Basic User
4/24/2008 6:20:15 PM reply with quote send message to ShonastarStarlight Object to Post

Yorkshire, England has some beautiful places to go.If you like the countryside, The Yorkshire Dales are gorgeous! But if you like shopping you need to visit Leeds happy :)

Shona.
 spring dune kennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/25/2008 7:49:35 AM reply with quote send message to spring dune kennel Object to Post

it depends where you go but as other people have said before it rains a lot and its cold. The shopping is ok in london. i personally don't like living here
 kerdia
Basic User

Basic User
4/25/2008 8:07:36 AM reply with quote send message to kerdia Object to Post

scotland is one of the most beautiful places to live. I hate the weather but adds to the charm and u get used 2 it. The coastline is stunning and the people ( except a minority!) are welcoming and friendly.
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2008 12:35:55 PM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

England. It's brilliant haha of course I am biased.

Very beautiful, but yes, a lot of chavs

Madz
 Cavalier Kingdom
Basic User

Basic User
5/21/2008 2:28:52 PM reply with quote send message to Cavalier Kingdom Object to Post

I'm a country girl so i rarely visit anywhere big though i do go to birmingham occasionly. yes it can be wet and cold but who here experienced the 2003 heatwave? even the wasps were exhausted. countryside is incredible, especially in scotland and wales. i would be biased 'coz i've only ever been to holland, france and the isle of wight. so yeah. i love Britain.

p.s) if you ever drop into the midlands, go to the crick boat show. people come for miles and my little village turns into a huge traffic jam. it's quicker to walk!
 foreversummer
Basic User

Basic User
5/21/2008 5:18:13 PM reply with quote send message to foreversummer Object to Post

posted by Cavalier Kingdom
I'm a country girl so i rarely visit anywhere big though i do go to birmingham occasionly. yes it can be wet and cold but who here experienced the 2003 heatwave? even the wasps were exhausted. countryside is incredible, especially in scotland and wales. i would be biased 'coz i've only ever been to holland, france and the isle of wight. so yeah. i love Britain.

p.s) if you ever drop into the midlands, go to the crick boat show. people come for miles and my little village turns into a huge traffic jam. it's quicker to walk!

Maybe if I ever do I'll have to drop by. wink ;) lol
 Cavalier Kingdom
Basic User

Basic User
5/22/2008 9:57:49 AM reply with quote send message to Cavalier Kingdom Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

its only on for 1 weekend a year. wink ;)

(this weekend)
 mcr241
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2008 6:46:56 AM reply with quote send message to mcr241 Object to Post

I would reccomend going to the south of Ireland, it's really nice, especially in Navan! It's definately a place to go if you ever get the chance! ;P
 Ltlpistol*s Lights
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2008 12:37:28 PM reply with quote send message to Ltlpistol*s Lights Object to Post

My Mother was Scot, so I plan to visit there someday. Still have family there.

But I gotta ask, what's a chav?
 Cavalier Kingdom
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2008 3:19:47 AM reply with quote send message to Cavalier Kingdom Object to Post

i think a chav is someone who wears baggy tracksuit trousers, white trainers and lots of chunky gold jewellry. not sure though.
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
5/30/2008 5:20:49 AM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

posted by Ltlpistol*s Lights
But I gotta ask, what's a chav?
A chav is the term used to describe the stereotype of a certain person. For example, they'd generally be into rap or hip hop music, wear tracksuits and white trainers, cover themselves in gold jewelery and say made up words like "Innit" or "Braap" which no one else has any idea what they're talking about. Further into it, it is this stereotype people often accuse of being violent, alcoholic and have the highest rates of teen pregnancy

But it is just that, a stereotype like 'emo' or 'goth' is.

I live in Cornwall, its stunning down here, but I lived in Hastings for 8 years and originally come from Kent, all 3 have their good sides.

Madz

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.