.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 48
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Kentucky Derby
 Westminster
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/1/2008 4:29:34 PM reply with quote send message to Westminster Object to Post   

Anyone wathing the Kentucky Derby????
 Westminster
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2008 4:29:54 PM reply with quote send message to Westminster Object to Post

watching sorry...
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2008 4:47:29 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Myself and another showdogger are going to the Derby.. will be leavin tomorrow night for KY
 In the Distance Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2008 5:22:25 PM reply with quote send message to In the Distance Kennels Object to Post

Who FallenStarz I would die to go to the Derby. I watch it every year!

Race On A Rainbow
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2008 5:39:24 PM reply with quote send message to Race On A Rainbow Object to Post

Lucky! I want to go sooo badly, but unfortunately it's a little difficult considering I live in BC. sad :(

I probably won't be able to watch it this year either. Does anyone know who the favorite is? I heard it on the radio this morning but now I can't remember. I believe the odds were 3:1.
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
5/2/2008 5:29:15 AM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by In the Distance Kennels
Who FallenStarz I would die to go to the Derby. I watch it every year!

I should have said former Showdogger, but I will be going with WindSweptWolf/Golden Bridge. This will be our second year going together!

ETA: The favorite is Big Brown
 chance4321
Basic User

Basic User
5/2/2008 6:21:13 AM reply with quote send message to chance4321 Object to Post

posted by Westminster
Anyone wathing the Kentucky Derby????
I AM I AM
 chance4321
Basic User

Basic User
5/2/2008 6:22:43 AM reply with quote send message to chance4321 Object to Post

posted by Race On A Rainbow
Lucky! I want to go sooo badly, but unfortunately it's a little difficult considering I live in BC. sad :(

I probably won't be able to watch it this year either. Does anyone know who the favorite is? I heard it on the radio this morning but now I can't remember. I believe the odds were 3:1.

I am gonna watch on tv I wanna go but my mom wont let me
 Westminster
Basic User

Basic User
5/2/2008 10:18:59 AM reply with quote send message to Westminster Object to Post

My dad trains a horse entering the derby
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
5/2/2008 1:43:23 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

I'm so watching it! Did you see last years? Wasn't it amazing how he cut through them like that?
 Westminster
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2008 10:25:59 AM reply with quote send message to Westminster Object to Post

you mean street sense? he got a good trip and was the best horse of the day
 Ruby Gem Terriers
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2008 10:45:18 AM reply with quote send message to Ruby Gem Terriers Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I live pretty close to the derby area and my dad is workin there.

RG
 Westminster
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2008 11:00:38 AM reply with quote send message to Westminster Object to Post

Cool my dads a trainer, what does your dad do?
 Ruby Gem Terriers
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2008 12:29:12 PM reply with quote send message to Ruby Gem Terriers Object to Post

I think he works in a restaurant.

RG
 Freeways Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2008 12:58:22 PM reply with quote send message to Freeways Kennels Object to Post

what time does the race actually run?
 Sheeba Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2008 12:59:37 PM reply with quote send message to Sheeba Kennels Object to Post

I am SO excited for the race. My favorite is Colonel John
 Sheeba Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2008 4:02:31 PM reply with quote send message to Sheeba Kennels Object to Post

These are my race predictions:
1. Colonel John
2. Pyro
3. Big Brown
 Spirit Mountain
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2008 5:31:23 PM reply with quote send message to Spirit Mountain Object to Post

Big Brown won!!!!!! But on a very sad note, Eight Belles broke both front ankles after she placed second and had to be euthanized.......... sad :(
 Sheeba Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2008 5:41:49 PM reply with quote send message to Sheeba Kennels Object to Post

I know. Did anyone see it happen? As soon as stuff like that happens I don't see how others can be happy. That is HORRIBLE. I am almost on tears. Thats why I have my horses in safer sports. Even though there is the thrill, the horses with the heart to win will run themselves to death.
 Spirit Mountain
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2008 6:02:49 PM reply with quote send message to Spirit Mountain Object to Post

*sigh* I know, they try so hard. Did you see how far ahead she was of the other horses though? I really wouldn't be all that surprised if something happened to her heart than she fell and broke her ankles.

Edit- Just wanted to add that my mom noticed that in one of the replays when they were focusing on Big Brown, you could see Eight Belles starting to go down.
 B Collies Rock
Basic User

Basic User
5/3/2008 6:03:10 PM reply with quote send message to B Collies Rock Object to Post

Compound fractures in both legs...it almost looked like her neck too... sad :(
The trainer was saying before hand that she always tried so hard and loved it and ran her heart out sad :(

Replies in this thread : 48
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.