Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : This Summer's Shows....
 Azure
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/29/2008 8:32:40 AM reply with quote send message to Azure Object to Post   

So, who's going where? happy :) We used to have these topics going all the time and it was fun to see who was showing what where and how they did afterwards!

How did everyone that went to Windsor get on? We had a fairly terrible day on the whole, results wise, getting binned with even our dogs that are always placed and usually in the top 2 laugh :D Our boy won open but then the CC went to Junior and the RCC to Limit razz :p

My Phalene got a very hard look in a strong Limit class but nada (which I was disappointed with because I could see her walking past most of the other dogs and looking hard at certain ones, she looked very hard at him and then he didn't make the cut where as the others she'd looked at did!)

But I showed a friends 12 month old bitch because they weren't able to make it and qualified her for Crufts for them (3rd in Junior) which made my day! Made theirs as well laugh :D

How did the rest of you that showed at Windsor get on?

South Wales next week (Utility & Toy day) and then Paignton, which is my local champ show so I'm hoping to go down on Gundog day as well as Hound/Toy/Terrier day.
 dino kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/29/2008 2:44:22 PM reply with quote send message to dino kennels Object to Post

I will be going to three counties at malvern for pastrol and working on 12th july will be my second show so still a bit nervous lol
 dino kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/29/2008 2:44:29 PM reply with quote send message to dino kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

sorry double posted
 angus my golden retriver
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2008 11:04:16 AM reply with quote send message to angus my golden retriver Object to Post

I'm going to try to be at as many shows as I can but i'm going to leeds and welsh kc show.

AMGR
 Puds7755
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2008 10:23:40 AM reply with quote send message to Puds7755 Object to Post

Ha Ha!!!! Wil u b goin 2 Peterbourgh dis week or have u b/n????? Get bak 2 me.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2008 8:36:12 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

posted by Azure
South Wales next week (Utility & Toy day)
Where's this show being held? and what date?

Im thinking of going to one in August in Llandilo (south wales) if my mate can get the time off.
I dont acctaly show, my mate use to show her Lhasa Apso. Im trying to convince the to show him agen as so many people have said he is a nice dog allthough he has be decribed as feminine looking.
But i have been wanting to go to a local show for ages in the hope of seeing my favorat breeds upclose.
 Azure
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/19/2008 3:37:39 PM reply with quote send message to Azure Object to Post

You missed it I'm afraid, it was the beginning of July!

There are a few open shows coming up in South Wales though. I know there are a few in August that I don't have the details anymore, and in September there is Treharris & District and Newport (Gwent) & Distrct among others happy :)

Oh and I know Chepstow is the 9th August because I couldn't do it (going to Bournemouth on the same day)
 bryerwood kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/21/2008 11:56:27 AM reply with quote send message to bryerwood kennel Object to Post

i'm not going to a proper dog show but i might be going to the wag and bone show in windsor in august(?)
 Benboee
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2008 4:37:52 AM reply with quote send message to Benboee Object to Post

i am going to
WKC
SKC
Birmingham
Richmond
Darlington
Driffield
Belfast
Gundog Soc Wales
MIdland Counties
GBAS

That takes us uo to the middle of November lol

Pam
 Seashore
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/1/2008 8:02:39 AM reply with quote send message to Seashore Object to Post

That's organised Pam wink ;) You have GSPs don't you?

I'm definitely going to Paignton on both Tuesday & Wednesday now so really looking forward to that happy :) Wish Gundogs coincided with Toys more.

Then after that I've got four more shows planned - Bournemouth, WKC, a companion show the weekend after that and Birmingham - and then I'm out for a bit because hopefully my girl is pregnant happy :)

All being well she's due on 5th September so obviously missing Richmond! My next show after Birmingham will probably be a breed club champ show in October.
 Benboee
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2008 8:12:47 AM reply with quote send message to Benboee Object to Post

Hiya
Yep, got GSP's. How dod you know that? Do i know you in RL????? Scared Now!lol

Only waiting on 5 JW points with my boy now so all excited about that.

Pam
 Seashore
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/4/2008 12:31:33 PM reply with quote send message to Seashore Object to Post

Nope, I just remembered (or hoped I did laugh :D) from when it's come up previously!

There aren't that many people on here in the UK who also show in RL so the ones that do tend to stick in my mind!

Good luck with the last 5 points happy :) How much longer do you have to get them?
 Benboee
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2008 3:05:35 PM reply with quote send message to Benboee Object to Post

I have quite a while. I have WKC, SKC, Birmingham, RIchmond, Darlington, Driffield and Belfast. Not that im counting! lol He turns 18 month on 2nd October. Im also waiting on points with his sister, but i think she still needs 10 points. I keep my fingers crossed. If i get one JW i'll be happy, if i get it with them both i'll be over the moon

P
 Seashore
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/10/2008 6:21:10 AM reply with quote send message to Seashore Object to Post

Oh good luck!

We have a brother and sister who are just a little older than yours (18 months on the 21st September) and the brother got his at 13 months, the sister by rights should have hers but is just going to come up short!

She wouldn't show as a baby, so didn't do her first champ show until she was 14 months - by which time it was rather late to start racking up the points! Then since she's been doing them she's won a few but got a lot of 2nds. Never mind, just one of those things. She won her class at Bournemouth yesterday happy :)

She really is a gorgeous bitch and I think she is champion material so we'll aim for that instead laugh :D
 Benboee
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2008 5:03:14 AM reply with quote send message to Benboee Object to Post

My two came out at the wrong time of year. We only had midland counties and Gundog Breeds Association of Scotland, then nothing till Crufts and WELKS. SO only had two classes in puppy. SO now we are in junior they are winning classes and getting their points.

i would cry if he didnt get his last 5 points. sad :(

Pam
 Benboee
Basic User

Basic User
8/22/2008 6:40:08 AM reply with quote send message to Benboee Object to Post

two points to go now!!!!!!!

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.