Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : RL obedience competitors?
 TCrown
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/8/2009 9:05:02 PM reply with quote send message to TCrown Object to Post   

In RL does anyone here train/compete in Obedience or Rally-O? Would love to chat with anyone who does as I'm interested, been training for Rally-O for awhile with my pup and *hopefully* on my way to future competition.

TCrown
 Area51
Basic User

Basic User
9/9/2009 3:34:17 AM reply with quote send message to Area51 Object to Post

I do train in real life with my dogs, but our qualifications are so different from what they seem to be on here, and I think in real life too, that I wouldn't be much good to talk to!!
 Rebels Red Rascal
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2009 1:37:30 PM reply with quote send message to Rebels Red Rascal Object to Post

I training my Aussies for both.
 TCrown
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2009 2:40:56 PM reply with quote send message to TCrown Object to Post

Rebel,

How long have you been training and how's it going? Are you training for future competition?

TCrown
 Rebels Red Rascal
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2009 3:03:08 PM reply with quote send message to Rebels Red Rascal Object to Post

since the beginning of the year. It's going great, we're almost ready for our first competition.
 Country_Charm
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2010 5:13:58 PM reply with quote send message to Country_Charm Object to Post

I know it's an old post but I can't resist. I've trained/trialed 5 dogs through Rally Excellent including my little live wire GSD who actually hated Rally. She LOVES Obedience, the ability to stretch out and prance. Ryka has her CD as well and we're almost ready for open. Back when I played here originally I had a Siberian who had her CD (with an average of 193!). My Lakeland is just a year but we're entered in rally novice this month so fingers crossed.. happy :)

We do Agility as well though I'm the problem there!

Becca
 jennie_c_d
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2010 9:18:43 PM reply with quote send message to jennie_c_d Object to Post

I have one Parson Russell Terrier with an RAE, a hairless Chinese Crested with two RAE legs, and an Italian Greyhound entered for her first trial in April. The PRT was trained through novice obedience, but was never shown in obedience due to health issues that stopped her from showing altogether. The CC is trained through novice, and will get her CD this year.

It's a BLAST. They love, love, love it.
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2010 11:03:03 PM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Have trained a couple dogs thru utility tho no titles at that level, one became dog aggressive and the other's hips became too bad. Pems aren't the best obed dogs. Kinda went off to agility after got into that, more fun. Rally's a good fun sport too. Have put on several rally titles too, but I fully admit I've never trained rally nor really know the exercises wink ;) The dogs are good at generalizing and have had enough of an obed/agility background that it's no biggie as long as I don't mess things up.
 isabelbean
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2010 9:18:52 PM reply with quote send message to isabelbean Object to Post

hi
 isabelbean
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2010 9:21:08 PM reply with quote send message to isabelbean Object to Post

i just had 4 puupies and they are aussi babies. I have 3 males and 2 girls. if you are looking for a puppy let me know.
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2010 11:38:06 PM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Please post in the appropriate forum. Your post belongs in the Dogs For Sale forum, not here.
 isabelbean
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2010 6:59:47 PM reply with quote send message to isabelbean Object to Post

well if you think you are so smart then what breed do you have?
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/15/2010 10:26:41 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

I just started rally with my dog (1.5 year old pointer.) We earned our RN at our second show, but we have sooooo much work to do still. He's only been to 3 shows, but he is a huge sniffer. We tried one novice obedience match and he actually seemed to sniff less in that ring than in the rally ring, but maybe it was the time of day (i.e. we did rally in the morning and the match in the late afternoon and he was pretty tired by then, I think.)

Anyways...I've been spending more time on getting/keeping his attention in distracting environments more and I'm trying a different strategy that someone recently advised me to try (and I'm willing to try anything at this point to get better results, though I know my boy is still pretty young too.) I've started using a clicker and clicking when he looks away...which then causes him to look at me and at that point I give him a treat. It's completely opposite from what I was previously told (i.e. click n' treat when he looks at you), but it seems to be so much more effective for my dog.

We will be doing another show in May and I hope the new attention training will pay off, if even only a minor improvement. The show is going to be held on an ever so tempting packed dirt arena floor, so we will see... laugh :D
 Tell It Like It is03
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2010 5:05:38 PM reply with quote send message to Tell It Like It is03 Object to Post

I took Rally-O classes with my sheltie, to find out that it just wasn't his forte.happy :)

My usually high-energy, bouncing off the walls pain in the neck fell asleep.happy :)

Replies in this thread : 13

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.