Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 75
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

YarrowFields Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/22/2010 5:50:00 PM reply with quote send message to YarrowFields Kennel Object to Post

posted by Linton Farms
Just a quick question? Didn't there used to be rules about how sessioned a dog was before you could enter them in shows?
To my knowledge, a dog needs to have at least a 10 in all four stats, and a 15 in at least one. I mentioned the possibility of showing dogs that aren't fully sessioned because I've found that in struggling breeds,as long as everything is blue, you can often pull off some points because very few people are showing.
 YarrowFields Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2010 11:40:11 AM reply with quote send message to YarrowFields Kennel Object to Post

Alright, time for update #3 of the challenge! Let's look at where these breeds were at the start, and where they are now.

179 Polish Lowland Sheepdog-Now 117, up 62 spots!
180 American Foxhound-Now 147, up 33 spots!
181 Shih Tzu- Now 173, up 8 spots!
182 Miniature Poodle- Now 184, down 2 spots.
183 Finnish Spitz- Now 171, up 12 spots!
184 Spanish Water Dog- Now 186, down 2 spots.
185 American Water Spaniel-Now 185, no change.
186 Lhasa Apso- Now 183, up 3 spots!
187 Giant Schnauzer-Now 110, up 77 spots!
188 Kooikerhondje-Now 188, no change.

Wow! Giant Schnauzers are in the lead at 77, and Polish Lowland Sheepdogs are close behind at 62! Way to go! laugh :D

Also, half of these breeds are out of the bottom 10! Let's keep up the good work, everyone! You still have until September 14!
 Everdale Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2010 1:57:14 PM reply with quote send message to Everdale Goldens Object to Post

Wow I am sooo happy with how far Giant Schnauzer have come! happy :) How exciting!
Everdale
 Schultz Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2010 10:58:28 AM reply with quote send message to Schultz Kennel Object to Post

I'll do American Water Spaniel!
 YarrowFields Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2010 11:46:14 AM reply with quote send message to YarrowFields Kennel Object to Post

posted by Schultz Kennel
I'll do American Water Spaniel!
Excellent! Thanks so much! laugh :D
 Genesis Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2010 12:22:16 PM reply with quote send message to Genesis Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Oof,gotta catch uprazz :p
Congrats on all your progress with Giant Schnauzers,Everdalelaugh :D
-Madison
 Everdale Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2010 12:26:08 PM reply with quote send message to Everdale Goldens Object to Post

Thanks! happy :) You are sooo close!
 Zollhaus
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2010 5:16:04 AM reply with quote send message to Zollhaus Object to Post

posted by YarrowFields Kennel
To my knowledge, a dog needs to have at least a 10 in all four stats, and a 15 in at least one... b]
Dogs get dismissed from the ring if they have less than 10 for all of show obedience, muscle tone and coat condition or less than 5 in any one of these area's. So thet sessioning does not have to be very advanced before they enter and least make up the numbers happy :)
 Lancelot
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2010 5:26:41 AM reply with quote send message to Lancelot Object to Post

That's good to know thanks!
 Schultz Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2010 5:29:24 PM reply with quote send message to Schultz Kennel Object to Post

I quit! I can't hold any other dogs in my kennel!
 Old County
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/1/2010 6:50:01 AM reply with quote send message to Old County Object to Post

I suppose if some payer decide to add a new breed they have a look at the Group placers!

Giant Schnauzers and Standard Schnauzers were down in the Group Results but now they are raising! The more often one show them (and breed of course) the better the Group placing! This is what helps breeds.

With both I already had Group placers and for Standard Schnauzer a request of a show dog.

happy :) Iris
 YarrowFields Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2010 7:21:39 AM reply with quote send message to YarrowFields Kennel Object to Post

posted by Schultz Kennel
I quit! I can't hold any other dogs in my kennel!
Sorry to see you go, but I understand. happy :)
 YarrowFields Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2010 10:45:02 AM reply with quote send message to YarrowFields Kennel Object to Post

Alright, time for the third update of the challenge! Let's look at where these breeds were at the start, and where they are now.

179 Polish Lowland Sheepdog-Now 118, up 61 spots!
180 American Foxhound-Now 142, up 38 spots!
181 Shih Tzu- Now 175, up 6 spots!
182 Miniature Poodle- Now 185, down 3 spots.
183 Finnish Spitz- Now 161, up 22 spots!
184 Spanish Water Dog- Now 187, down 3 spots.
185 American Water Spaniel-Now 186, down 1 spot.
186 Lhasa Apso- Now 182, up 4 spots!
187 Giant Schnauzer-Now 85, up 102 spots!
188 Kooikerhondje-Now 188, no change.

WHOA, awesome work! There are now four breeds up more than 20 spots, and Giant Schnauzers have broken the top 100! Also, half of these breeds are currently out of the bottom 10!

There are 10 more days in the challenge-let's make them count! laugh :D
 Genesis Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2010 4:09:39 PM reply with quote send message to Genesis Kennels Object to Post

*sigh* I'm wayyyyy behind nowrazz :p
-Madison
  Zappo Zoo
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2010 9:42:51 PM reply with quote send message to  Zappo Zoo Object to Post

lol- I don't even think people know Kooikerhondje's exist... At least I can't drop spaces.laugh :D
happy :)happy :)
Claire
 Citation
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2010 9:58:42 PM reply with quote send message to Citation Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Zappo Zoo
lol- I don't even think people know Kooikerhondje's exist... At least I can't drop spaces.laugh :D
Claire

I decided to try the breed. I've bought three dogs and will have two litters soon. A lot of Kooikerhondjes are for sale right now! Good opportunities for people who want to look at them.

Also, there are enough entries in one show tonight for someone to get a major. I put two of my dogs in even though they're not sessioned much, just to get things moving a little.
 YarrowFields Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2010 9:56:46 AM reply with quote send message to YarrowFields Kennel Object to Post

posted by Zappo Zoo
Claire

I think it's hard to see, but you HAVE gotten new people to try it. The breed's off the Rare Breed Account list, now!
 Lancelot
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2010 4:51:28 PM reply with quote send message to Lancelot Object to Post

Entering dogs that aren't completely sessioned has definitely made a difference for me with the Spanish Water Dogs. And not worrying about whether they are a particularly good SOP right now either.
It's quite nice when you finally get your kennel name on the list on the breed page. Even if I haven't made much difference to their overall position!
  Zappo Zoo
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2010 5:18:15 PM reply with quote send message to  Zappo Zoo Object to Post

posted by Citation
posted by Zappo Zoo
Claire

I decided to try the breed. I've bought three dogs and will have two litters soon. A lot of Kooikerhondjes are for sale right now! Good opportunities for people who want to look at them.

Also, there are enough entries in one show tonight for someone to get a major. I put two of my dogs in even though they're not sessioned much, just to get things moving a little.

Great!!happy :)
 23154mac
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2010 9:28:48 PM reply with quote send message to 23154mac Object to Post

Would you be cool with me maybe doing this too but after you are done i can do please.

Replies in this thread : 75
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.