Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Whats your favourite breed of dog?
 Topazia
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/25/2010 5:10:56 AM reply with quote send message to Topazia Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

To liven this forum up a bit I have made this post.
So choose your favourite breed(s) and explain why they are your favourite.
I'd love to here peoples opinions happy :)

So my favourite is the English Cocker Spaniel. I'm really biased but I think they are one of the prettiest breeds. Have great temperaments, and they’re just a joy to own and be around.

Nicky happy :)
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2010 5:46:45 AM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

My favourite breed is the Dalmatian, im probably biased because I own one. They have great temperaments and physically active although they are not the easiest to train.

Kate
 GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/25/2010 9:28:07 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Well, as an honorary UKer, I guess I have to say American Cockers 'cause that's what I have and have had since (cough) 1973 (you are forbidden to speculate on age).

They are smart, but sometimes a little lazy so it's not always obvious. They are pretty too and can be very active, if motivated. They get into stuff. They have great character and personality. Tyler is my present guy and fifth cocker, and they are all different. Tyler's the cowardly lion of the bunch but I'm still sure that he would come to my defence if push came to shove. They do have grooming challenges.

And gosh, I like Dalmatians, and English Cockers and Irish Setters and, well you get the picture . . .
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2010 11:39:16 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

my fave breed is the Swedish Vallhund (no prizes for guessing that lol)

The first thing that attracted me to them was there looks, i made a list of all the breeds i liked the look of then researched them, removing any breed that didnt fit my life and i ended up with valhunds. The were just the right size not big or too small, have good temperments, ment to be good with other dogs,animals,kids,people, they are active, good watch dogs, a healthy breed -long lived with very few health problems and as a rarer breed you dont find them in puppy farms (tones of those up by me), but does mean its harder to find a breeder, there was none in wales so im going to have to travil 5hours to south east england, and u also have to waite for a litter, been waiting for over a year now but i think its worth it.
 Cassius Hounds
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2010 12:09:25 PM reply with quote send message to Cassius Hounds Object to Post

I adore Weimeraners! Since being married we've had four LOL. They are such loving breeds that would do absolutley anything for their owners. Such a pleasure to train and such a loving breed.

I would love another, but due to some problems with the last one we had I don't think it'll be an option for a while.
 Wicken Fen Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2010 4:49:05 AM reply with quote send message to Wicken Fen Kennels Object to Post

With three generations of Vizslas in the home and already looking forward to the fourth, what else could it be for me. They are very affectionate, they are not refered to as Velcro dogs for no reason. Dirty dogs take two minutes in a warm shower, no shampoo, then are dry in five minutes. Grooming - what's that?
Irish Setters come a very close second but the grooming (ugh)and class sizes at championship shows make them a no no. I can never resist a quick cuddle when I see one though.
Pam
 bryerwood kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/30/2010 9:56:52 AM reply with quote send message to bryerwood kennel Object to Post

I'd say German Shepherds or Belgian Tervurens because they are versatile dogs and easy to train plus they have a regal elegance about them. I hope to own one in the future. happy :)
 Wicken Fen Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2010 10:00:22 AM reply with quote send message to Wicken Fen Kennels Object to Post

Just been for a walk with about 20 Vizslas. Heaven!
 Topazia
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2010 10:57:19 AM reply with quote send message to Topazia Object to Post

Irish Setters look to be popular then. They're a lovely breed but as you said Pam a lot of grooming.
I've currently got 2 generations of Cockers at home, 3rd hopefully in the first half of next year.
Grooming is a lot of work but worth it wink ;)

Nicky happy :)
 Silver Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2010 1:25:50 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Wind Kennels Object to Post

Personally, I'm gonna admit that I'm totally biast towards Border Collies. I've owned them all my life and wouldn't have it any other way. They are smart, easy to train in most cases, loving, protective, extremely agile with cat-like accuracy, very sweet and absolutely beautiful in my opinion. I love Jenny, my current BC of nine years, I've had her since she was a pup.

Might I also add that as young pups they are gorgeous but they are still beautiful at age 9. Our last BC lived a very long and happy life here on the farm to the ripe old age of 18, almost 19. I think that's amazing so they can have a long life if kept happy till the end. I would absolutely sing their praises. Lol! I would just write a novel here if you let me but I'm not gonna.

Congrats to everyone on finding the right breed for them. I think it makes all the difference when you really click with a dog.

Anna <333

Figs Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
2/7/2011 2:16:43 PM reply with quote send message to Figs Dreams Object to Post

I love labradors, although it wouldn't be my overall favourite breed. I love anatolians..ever since I looked it up I've been obsessing about them. I also love newfoundlands and bernese mountain dogs. I don't know why but large fluffy dogs seem to attract me. Pyrenese montain dogs are also a very favourable breed of mine. I wouldn't get all these when I'm older, however would like to get about two. Am picking between the newfoundland, bernese mountain dog and pyrenese mountain dog but the anatolian is a foot down yes! even if I have to travel halfway around the world, I'm getting one! So yeah an anatolian is my number one fave happy :)
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/7/2011 4:49:51 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have fallen in love with German Shepherds, and have loved them for years. I love their elegance and their need to please. I really love how tey stand too, its so beautiful. I really hope to own one in the future happy :) (If anyone knows any breeders..Pm me... wink ;) )

Brenna
 Bigger is better kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/7/2011 9:40:51 PM reply with quote send message to Bigger is better kennels Object to Post

I absolutley love German Shepherds, and I have had them my entire life.
 Aghan Hounds of Tazria
Basic User

Basic User
2/9/2011 2:56:25 PM reply with quote send message to Aghan Hounds of Tazria Object to Post

I am a huge fan of German Shepherds as well, and currently have one. She is my baby. They are an extremely intelligent and devoted breed, and are loyal to one person. My girl is my dog, and she snubs my husband totally :P . I have shown many over my time in the AKC conformation ring working with a handler, and have always loved their regal look. I also love German Shorthaired Pointers! There are a few in my family, and I love their attitudes and kind nature. Great energy level as well! These are my top 2 favorites, but the list goes on and on. happy :)
 Below Zero II
Basic User

Basic User
2/9/2011 3:26:35 PM reply with quote send message to Below Zero II Object to Post

The APBT is my favorite breed. Will never live without one. They're for sure my heart breed.

~ Allie
 susan.doglover
Basic User

Basic User
2/10/2011 7:39:08 PM reply with quote send message to susan.doglover Object to Post

My favorite breed of dogs are Labrador, I find them so sweet and playful and the Yorkshire Terrier are so cute. happy :)
 Midnight Jewel
Basic User

Basic User
3/18/2011 5:09:41 PM reply with quote send message to Midnight Jewel Object to Post

Though I have a soft spot for Westies, they have such cheeky faces, my favourite dog breed has to be the English Springer Spaniel. They're completely mental and just watching one will brighten up my day.
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2011 1:35:23 PM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

It has to go to Dalmatians and Labradors <3
 cavalier-pup
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2011 12:45:19 PM reply with quote send message to cavalier-pup Object to Post

Cavalier!
 Tell It Like It is03
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2011 6:01:28 PM reply with quote send message to Tell It Like It is03 Object to Post

Doberman, Pitbull, and Dogo Argentino!<3
 Lokei
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2011 8:35:03 PM reply with quote send message to Lokei Object to Post

Of the breeds I've owned, APBTs are my favorite. Of the breeds I'd like to own, it's about tied with Dogos and Dogues happy :)

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler