1/23/2011 9:19:08 AM reply with quote send message to elisey Object to Post   

like a book? Share it here so i have ideA's! ThAnKs

~Elise Cassidy Payton
 AeroDogs
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2011 7:15:45 AM reply with quote send message to AeroDogs Object to Post

Hi happy :)

I really liked the book The Hunger Games. Kind of violent, but a really good book. I also read a series from a few years back, The Underland Chronicles/Gregor the Overlander, same thing. But I'd suggest both.

happy :) Anne
 elisey
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2011 8:31:33 AM reply with quote send message to elisey Object to Post

thanks. I just really need book idea's because i love reading but i don't know what kind of books are good. I am 12 so anyone have a good book for a 12 year old? ThAnKs
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2011 8:57:36 AM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Black Stallion book series are good.
 Kirschen Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2011 9:39:34 AM reply with quote send message to Kirschen Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I back up The Hunger Games.

Also "The Dead and The Gone" is amazing wink ;)

The Dead and the Gone follows 17-year-old Alex Morales and his sisters, Briana and Julie, in their struggle to survive after a meteor hits the Moon and knocks it out of orbit, closer to Earth. Taking place in New York City, they are plagued with volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, and earthquakes, along with famine caused by food shortages and disease. Alex is forced to take care of his sisters in the absence of his mother and father, raid dead bodies for valuables to trade for food, and struggle with his religious faith, trying desperately to survive.

Gone by Michael Grant

In the small town of Perdido Beach, California, everyone fifteen and over mysteriously disappears in the blink of an eye. In school, no one knows what to do and there is mass chaos and confusion among the remaining population. Sam Temple steps up and tries to save a girl from a burning building. She doesn't survive, but Sam discovers he has the power to shoot jets of burning light from his hands(the girl had the power to shoot streams of liquid fire from her hands). Not fully understanding the situation he is in, he decides to look for Little Pete, the autistic little brother of Astrid (the local kid genius and Sam’s love interest in the story). Along with Astrid, and Quinn Gaither, Sam’s best friend, the group discovers an energy barrier that cuts off the kids from the outside world. They also see a new Honduran kid called Edilio Escobar, who decides to join them

I had to censor thru that...the original would have gave you the entire book!! not cool -_-

Liddo Dipper Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2011 11:19:22 AM reply with quote send message to Liddo Dipper Kennels Object to Post

Maybe you could elaborate about what genres you are interested in?

My favorite books are-
"the Raw Shark Texts" by Steven Hall
"House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski
"Only Revolutions" by Mark Z. Danielewski
"Books of Blood Vol. 1-3" by Clive Barker

However, you have to have a specific interest to read these books. Otherwise, they are not enjoyable. Also, they probably aren't appropriate for a twelve year old. I posted this before I read your age. I'm sorry.
If you are interested in them, though, Clive Barker does some nice, age-appropriate stuff. "Abarat" and "the Thief of Always" are good!
 Blue Ridge Farms
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2011 12:03:17 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Ridge Farms Object to Post

Some of my favorites are:
Blue - Joyce Moyer Hostetter
Comfort - Joyce Moyer Hostetter
The Witch of Blackbird Pond - Elizabeth George Speare
The Bronze Bow - Elizabeth George Speare

All of those are historical fiction, something I love dearly. But yes, it depends on what you're interested in.

Blue Ridge
 AeroDogs
Basic User

Basic User
2/4/2011 3:56:38 PM reply with quote send message to AeroDogs Object to Post

I LOVED the dead and the gone. dramatic, though, but i still <3 it. I back that one up.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/4/2011 5:54:41 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by AeroDogs
I LOVED the dead and the gone. dramatic, though, but i still <3 it. I back that one up.
 elisey
Basic User

Basic User
2/6/2011 12:39:11 PM reply with quote send message to elisey Object to Post

Thanks Guys!!! These gave me really good ideas. Got some of them when i we to the mall. Can't wait to read them!
 Kirschen Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/6/2011 2:43:13 PM reply with quote send message to Kirschen Kennels Object to Post

Whatchya get?
 elisey
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2011 4:19:32 PM reply with quote send message to elisey Object to Post

I got the dead and gone and The Hunger games. I also just picked out a few random books about horses. I told my friend Rachel about the hunger games and she actually has that book too so we are going to have a book club together at school. fun fun
 elisey
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2011 4:20:45 PM reply with quote send message to elisey Object to Post

Oh yeah i got the witch and the wizard too! My ex boyfriend read that last year in 5th grade and he loved it so he suggested it to me a few days ago. I am reading it right now.
 AeroDogs
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2011 8:26:19 AM reply with quote send message to AeroDogs Object to Post

Awesome!
 Sienna`s Colours
Basic User

Basic User
2/15/2011 7:30:31 PM reply with quote send message to Sienna`s Colours Object to Post

posted by Liddo Dipper Kennels

My favorite books are-
"the Raw Shark Texts" by Steven Hall
"House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski
"Only Revolutions" by Mark Z. Danielewski
"Books of Blood Vol. 1-3" by Clive Barker

Wow, didn't expect to find anyone else on here who'd read Danielewski. I haven't made it through "Only Revolutions" yet, though. Danielewski being Walt Whitman is a bit heavy/involved for during the school year.

~Nissa
 Happy_Hounds Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/25/2011 8:05:52 AM reply with quote send message to Happy_Hounds Kennel Object to Post

My favorite books are

Eragon, Eldest, and Brisinger by Christopher Paolini
and the Warriors series by Erin Hunter.
 elisey
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2011 5:39:11 PM reply with quote send message to elisey Object to Post

k
 elisey
Basic User

Basic User
3/6/2011 1:43:03 PM reply with quote send message to elisey Object to Post

I don't know why, but now I am into the scary books. lol I have no clue why. But right now I am reading scary stories and Closed For The Season by Mary Downing Hahn. Pretty good so far. XD
 Happy_Hounds Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/10/2011 7:52:37 AM reply with quote send message to Happy_Hounds Kennel Object to Post

I've liked scary and suspenseful books for a long time. Now, I'm just getting into fantasy and imagination. It's weird. After reading Eragon, then I was hooked. Now I'm reading Harry Potter and all that stuff about magic.
 JakesCrate
Basic User

Basic User
3/10/2011 10:09:58 PM reply with quote send message to JakesCrate Object to Post

If you like series Jean Auels last book is coming out in a few weeks, last of the Earth Children books. Clan of the cave bear was the first of her books.
Plot summary

A five-year old Cro-Magnon girl is suddenly orphaned and left homeless by an earthquake that destroys her family's camp. She wanders aimlessly, naked and unable to feed herself, for several days. Having been attacked and nearly killed by a cave lion and suffering from starvation, exhaustion, and infection of her wounds, she collapses, on the verge of death.

The narrative switches to a group of Neanderthal people, the "Clan", whose cave was destroyed in the earthquake and who are searching for a new home. The medicine woman of the group, Iza, discovers the girl and asks permission from Brun, the head of the Clan, to help her, even though she is clearly a daughter of "the Others". The child is adopted by Iza and her brother Creb, the "Mog-ur" or shaman, an arthritic elder who as a child was mauled by a cave bear and has only one arm and one eye. They call her Ayla, because they can't pronounce her name. Immediately after Iza begins to help her, the clan discovers a huge, beautiful cave; many of the people begin to regard Ayla as lucky, especially since good fortune continues to come their way as she lives among them.
The books tell the story of her growing up and young adult life, cant wait to read the last in the series.
 elisey
Basic User

Basic User
3/20/2011 1:26:56 PM reply with quote send message to elisey Object to Post

Closed For the Season is taking me SO long to read. I'm not even half way through it. sad :( Them other books will have to wait. Although I want to start now!!!

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.