Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Thornapple Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2011 5:32:49 PM reply with quote send message to Thornapple Kennels Object to Post

posted by elisey
k
Also i wod read harry potter lord of the rings and maybe the chronicels of narnia
 pugsrgr898
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2011 9:50:25 AM reply with quote send message to pugsrgr898 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

If you like Closed for the Season then you might like The Stone Child by Dan Poblocki.

What if the monsters from your favorite horror books were real?

Eddie Fennicks has always been a loner, content to lose himself in a mystery novel by his favorite author, Nathaniel Olmstead. That’s why moving to the small town of Gatesweed becomes a dream come true when Eddie discovers that Olmstead lived there before mysteriously disappearing thirteen years ago. Even better, Eddie finds a handwritten, never-before-seen Nathaniel Olmstead book printed in code and befriends Harris, who’s as much an Olmsteady as he is. But then the frightening creatures of Olmstead’s books begin to show up in real life, and Eddie’s dream turns into a nightmare. Eddie, Harris, and their new friend, Maggie, must break Olmstead’s code, banish all gremlins and monster lake-dogs from the town of Gatesweed, and solve the mystery of the missing author, all before Eddie’s mom finishes
writing her own tale of terror and brings to life the scariest creature of all.

Also books by Cameron Dokey are really good. They are like new versions of fairy tales. The one I like the best is Before Midnight the retelling of Cinderella. It's amazing! Also Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George is awesome.

Unnamed and rejected by her mother, a girl (known as the lass) jumps at the chance to leave her meager home after a great white bear offers her a deal: if she accompanies him to his ice palace for a year and a day, he will reward her and her family with wealth. At the palace, she is waited on by an odd assortment of creatures, including salamanders and a selkie, but there are sinister undercurrents beneath the luxury, leading to a series of horrifying deaths. George has adapted Norse myths and fairy tales to create this eerily beautiful, often terrifying world in which animals talk, trolls marry humans only to destroy them, and weather forces are actual characters. Mystery, adventure, the supernatural, and a touch of love are woven together to create a vivid, well-crafted, poetic fantasy for readers who have enjoyed works by Robin McKinley and Esther Friesner or who are ready to move from Gail Carson Levine’s fairy-tale adaptations to more sophisticated fare.
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
6/25/2011 4:22:31 AM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

I would recommend the harry potter books. I can not wait for harry potter deathly hollows part 2 movie to come out, I will be seeing it the day it comes out laugh :D
 Desert Flowers
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2011 2:33:08 PM reply with quote send message to Desert Flowers Object to Post

I would suggest
Hank the Cowdog books or the audio tapes (The author actually does the reading and the singing. If you ever get to see him in person I greatly suggest it.)

Gathering Blue

Princess Diaries

My side of the mountain

Percy Jackson Series.

The Graveyard Book

Lord of the rings

Authors I suggest:
Carolyn Meyer
Tamora Pierce
 XxSceneQueen95xX
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2011 1:28:20 PM reply with quote send message to XxSceneQueen95xX Object to Post

I would suggest twilight saga and the outcasts of 19 schuyler place and the outsiders and princess academy or fairest
 Golden Paws Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2011 1:34:00 PM reply with quote send message to Golden  Paws Kennels Object to Post

I LOVE the books by Maggie Stiefvater: Shiver, Linger and now Forever. I just finished the last one, which stinks because she isn't making any more of them. The books were about werewolfs. I know that sounds strange at first but they were actually just teenage humans that turned into wolves when it was cold. They were very thrilling and romantic books. Does anyone suggest anything like them?

happy :)GPK

Replies in this thread : 26
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class