Search

Showdog.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Norwegian Elkhounds?
 Envykennel
Premium Member
Posts : 3

System.__ComObject
9/30/2026 6:50:32 PM reply with quote send message to Envykennel Object to Post   

I was looking for studs after coming back since it’s been quite a few months and they didn’t even show up on the breed list in the hound group, are they non breedable now?
 Amber Crest Kennels
Premium Member
Posts : 47

Premium Member
10/1/2026 5:03:02 AM reply with quote send message to Amber Crest Kennels Object to Post

It takes some digging but you might be able to find studs in inactive kennels and sometimes deceased dogs can still be available for stud
 Carolyn
Premium Member
Posts : 1,000+

Premium Member
10/1/2026 1:53:13 PM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post

There are 3 kennels listed in Norwegian Elkhounds.
BeMe
InChaos
and
Udodscan

Hope this helps
C
 Carolyn
Premium Member
Posts : 1,000+

Premium Member
10/1/2026 1:55:18 PM reply with quote send message to Carolyn Object to Post

quote
posted by Carolyn
There are 3 kennels listed in Norwegian Elkhounds.
BeMe
InChaos
and
Udogscan

Hope this helps
C

 chocolateteapot
Premium Member
Posts : 173

Premium Member
10/3/2026 4:15:37 AM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

Like Amber Crest Kennels said, I suddenly realised I was seeing dogs bred from deceased dogs. I was intrigued by this but can't work out how its done. Would be handy in a low numbers breed.
I think from what I have seen on here and my other on line breeding games I tend to play them somewhere at the level of a 3 year old!!
 Amber Crest Kennels
Premium Member
Posts : 47

Premium Member
10/3/2026 7:22:15 AM reply with quote send message to Amber Crest Kennels Object to Post

The way I do it is pedigree stalking. A lot of tabs later you sometimes find a stud thats still available in the deceased kennel or in an inactive account

Replies in this thread : 5

Post Reply

 



Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.