.com Forum · SD Fever

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : August Issue!
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/30/2012 6:20:51 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post   

If anything is not to your liking please just say so! happy :) I worked very hard, and I hope you guys like it!!

thesdfever.weebly.com/
 Gus35
Basic User

Basic User
7/30/2012 8:43:22 PM reply with quote send message to Gus35 Object to Post

I LOVE it!! Looks Great!! happy :)
 Dogs of Rockwood
Basic User

Basic User
7/30/2012 9:50:58 PM reply with quote send message to Dogs of Rockwood Object to Post

So much more eye-catching! Great job!

-Cassie
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/30/2012 10:13:05 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Very nice. I'm loving Picardy's page. I'm noticing some missing color pics though-

Bloodhounds- Black and Tan
Cavaliers- Black and Tan
Rottweiler- Black and Mahogany

Might have missed a few, those are just the ones I noticed. But it's a GREAT addition, saves me from having to try and hunt down dogs in every color to see what the pics look like. happy :)

I also love the new layout, with one suggestion, I'd like to see a full side bar or top bar, the drop down menu for all the other features makes it a little harder to find everything. Overall, very well done! -Neb
 Brinn
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2012 2:39:33 AM reply with quote send message to Brinn Object to Post

Kudos! Great jobhappy :)

I'm with Lilliput, would like a sidebar.

luckydogwhisperer
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2012 10:28:31 AM reply with quote send message to luckydogwhisperer Object to Post

Wonderful! Amazing job!!!! I LOVE the new layout, and I'm so excited that I'm now part of the team! happy :) Great work everyone!

Lucky
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2012 12:12:12 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

Thanks for the suggestions! happy :) I'll work on the sidebar, I like it more also.

Lilliput, thankyou for telling me that! Probably took me half a day to do that so I knew I missed some somewhere LOL!
 Shoot For The Stars Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2012 6:58:01 AM reply with quote send message to Shoot For The Stars Kennel Object to Post

I don't remember writing some of the parts in the question and answer. The sentence Please never use Old Boy as it does not help nothing makes me look dumb because it is not proper grammer. It should be Please never use Old Boy as it does not help anything.
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2012 7:08:11 AM reply with quote send message to Shoot For The Stars Kennel Object to Post

Note to Readers: Please take these answers with a grain of salt. Alot of words were added that were not typed by me. The answer to the question I have read that you should session a couple of times past reaching 20. My question is does this pertain to just the show obedience? Or muscle and coat also? is not my words at all. The answer on SDFever reads:Once a dog is fully sessioned for conformation it does not need to be sessioned again unless the numbers drop. I wrote: The statement that you should session a couple of times past reaching 20 pertains to show obedience, muscle, and coat. Sessioning past 20 is a lot more important for the more competitive breeds.

I breed German Shepherds in my other kennel and it is strongly recommended that you do session past 20. A top breeder even recommended that I do that for a week. However, in breeds such as the Newfoundlands and Spanish Water Dogs this is really not necessary. However, it may give you an extra edge.
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2012 7:14:15 AM reply with quote send message to Shoot For The Stars Kennel Object to Post

The SD Fever Section should have looked like this:

What is the best puppy food for showing? Breeding?

The best puppy food for a basic user to use for showing is super duper puppy formula. The best puppy food a standard user can use is a custom ration of 1777 with a 1 for medicines/vaccines and a 7 for protein, fat and vitamin E. It all depends on what you're breeding for. The best breeding formula depends on whether it is for a dog or a bitch. The best puppy formula that a basic or standard user can use for breeding dogs is Old Boy Dog Formula. The best puppy food that a basic user and standard user can use for breeding bitches is the same as for showing.

Note: Whoever edited this section in the SDFever stated to never use Old Boy. I recommend Old Boy for breeding dogs because the condition of the bitch is the only thing that affects the puppies stats so the dog's condition does not matter. Plus Old Boy Dog Formula is the cheapest formula so it will also save you money.

When your breeding, is there a way to estimate the puppies' SOPs?

There is no easy way to estimate the puppies’ SOPs. I often breed the same dogs to each other several times and the pups SOPs are all over the place. I feel that the fact that you cannot be sure of what you are going to get is what makes breeding so exciting.

What is the most popular breed?

Currently the most popular breed is the German Shepherd Dog. They are number one on the dog breed list. They have 112 breeders, 951 dogs, and 1,652.

What are group and show placements?

Group placements are how a dog ranks within his group. The groups are Herding, Hound, Non-Sporting, Sporting, Terrier, Toy, and Working. The show placements can only be won by the winner of each group. The show placements rank how well the winners are compared to each other.

How do you choose which dogs to FH, breed, and show?

I personally go by SOP for FH and show but some other breeders go by trait. I breed multiple breeds so I divide 30 by the number of breeds that I have and that equals how many dogs I will keep from each breed. I keep the dogs that are the highest SOPs from each breed then I place the rest up for sale. After the dogs have been up for sale for fourteen days I forever home them because at that point they count against my dog limit. For breeding I go by trait. If I have less than 30 dogs that are keepers I end up keeping any dogs that have a 10 for a trait.

I have read that you should session a couple of times past reaching 20. My question is does this pertain to just the show obedience? Or muscle and coat also?

The statement that you should session a couple of times past reaching 20 pertains to show obedience, muscle, and coat. Sessioning past 20 is a lot more important for the more competitive breeds.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2012 12:25:44 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

If you are so childish to make your statement like this then feel free to do so. Everything is edited. I for one have bred GSDs and no one has told me to session them once they're done. I have nothing else to really say to you.

Thank you!
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2012 1:29:05 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

While I think this would have best been handled internally, I agree with Shooting Star. I see no reason for editing her original entry, and the editing done actually made the article less accurate and informative.

Feeding old boy to non-showing studs is an acceptable and money saving practice. And many top kennels in competitive breeds continue to session beyond 20. It DOES make a difference.

Part of editing is A. working with the original author to clarify facts and figure out what they really meant, and B. leaving good writing alone, if it doesn't need editing, then it doesn't need editing. In my experience editing s done for grammar and spelling, clarity, fact checking, and length. Even then, you should check in with the author to go over changes and make sure both parties understand what is going on.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/1/2012 2:04:43 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

Alright, I was using a few different kennels to edit for me since we don't have an editor in chief, so sorry for the mix up. happy :)
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2012 8:54:38 AM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

It looks so amazing!! Great job. I only have one suggestion, and that is to try and link more, like whenever you type a kennel name, maybe link it to their page on SD, and you should be able to link pictures, like the ads, to their kennels. I don't know though, I'm not too familiar with weebly.

Keep up the great work wink ;)
Taylor
 Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2012 11:13:05 AM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post

posted by Wicked Kisses
It looks so amazing!! Great job. I only have one suggestion, and that is to try and link more, like whenever you type a kennel name, maybe link it to their page on SD, and you should be able to link pictures, like the ads, to their kennels. I don't know though, I'm not too familiar with weebly.

Taylor

Love this idea happy :)
 Millbrook Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2012 11:30:43 AM reply with quote send message to Millbrook Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The SD Fever is looking great!

I really like the new layout, and would like to say a big well done to everyone involved in the producution of the SD Fever. happy :)

Ryan

Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2012 12:09:55 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by Wicked Kisses

Taylor

I am familiar with HTML, so I can do that happy :)

and Thank you Ryan!
 Everdale Goldens
Basic User
Forum Moderator

Basic User Forum Moderator
8/6/2012 4:10:23 PM reply with quote send message to Everdale Goldens Object to Post

You did a great job! Thanks so much for taking over as Webmaster. happy :)
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2012 6:27:03 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by Everdale Goldens
You did a great job! Thanks so much for taking over as Webmaster. happy :)
Of course! X)
 luckydogwhisperer
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2012 9:49:52 PM reply with quote send message to luckydogwhisperer Object to Post

Troll...
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/13/2012 11:07:55 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by luckydogwhisperer
Troll...
Those usually get removed, I wouldnt pay to much attention laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.