Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 12:46:06 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

this post has been edited 7 time(s)

I managed to find a few on my Photobucket, but I'm going to have to dig deeper to find some of Tai.

These are of Kimi being handled by one of her good friends.

Kimi and I after a long day of tracking, her favorite sport.

On the table.

Edited 1000 times because I can't seem to get the photos posted up today!

-----
Last edited by ShoStopper on 7/7/2014 12:57:25 PM
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 2:55:10 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

She is lovely! Reminds me a little bit of one of ours, Kiku.

Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 11:46:35 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Thanks so much. I love her bunches. She and I have learned a lot together. She is the dam of our one and only (co-bred) litter, although my sister and I take none of the credit. We just enjoy knowing that she produced as well as she did. If I hadn't been in college then, I'd probably have bred her a second time.

This is her son Jessee enroute to his NIPPO BIS.

Jessee on his way to finishing his AKC Ch.

Aaaaand, I finally found a few of Tai!

This was the first day we brought him home.

And as an adult. We thought he was going to be a sesame, but he lightened up a ton as he matured. As you can see, he is HUGE. About the size of a Shar Pei, lol. But we had purchased him strictly as a pet, and he was greatly loved.

Thanks for letting me share! It's nice to be able to look at these old photos of Tai and feel happy again. He passed away over a year ago, and it's finally starting to get a little easier.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 8:49:45 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Awwww, he was so adorable as a pup!

Alexandria
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
7/10/2014 1:57:51 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

Tai is gorgeous! Typical Shiba puppy face! I will try to dig up some pictures and post them.
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2014 5:12:13 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Thanks friends! Haha, I thought he was a stinking cute puppy myself.

Spyte, I'd love to see your Shiba pics when you get a chance!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2014 4:53:34 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Beautiful dogs!

Our neighbor has one who has turned quite white (and very, very round). He is such a sweetheart. He was always a lighter color, though.
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2014 2:00:37 PM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Thank you so much, Treestand. happy :)

We have been very fortunate in our lines to maintain good, strong color throughout the dog's life. Kimi is about 13 now and has not faded in her facial masking at all. I was actively showing her two to three years ago, and flooring judges that asked her age.

Tai's mask did not fade until later in life, and the rest of his coat remained clear until the end. As he aged, he lost a great deal of sashige--we had thought he might be a sesame when he was a puppy, but it cleared up quickly as he matured, and our understanding of the sesame color matured as well, lol.

Maintaining that strong color deep into the dog's adulthood is very important to me, because it has so much to do with breed type and expression. When I am looking at dogs and lines that I'm interested in working with, I always like to see when/if the masking starts to fade. It's another reason I don't advocate eliminating sashige dogs from the breeding population--sort of like throwing out the baby with the bathwater! If the dog has a great deal to offer in conformation, temperament, and health, I will not lose my mind over a few black hairs, especially seeing how coat texture and color can decline in programs that completely eschew the use of sashige dogs.

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler