Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : How many points or Q's?
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/4/2015 12:39:52 PM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post   

I looked through the help section and couldn't find an answer. How many points does a dog need to get his CD, CDX, and UD? Or is it a certain number of Q's?

My guy took 10 points and a Q last night, so I'm just curious what he needs to get his CD happy :)
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 3:20:09 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

CD, CDX and UD are not dependent on points.
You need 3 qualifying scores for each level/title.
Qualifying scores look at the dogs score, not points.

The points that are awarded are irrelevant to the title. (Currently, I believe they are used to calculate the top obedience players.)

Edited to add the info from the help pages:

Companion Dog (CD) - Novice

CD is the lowest title in obedience. It is earned by successfully qualifying three times in the Novice A/B class. It requires the first row of obedience skills: Heel on Leash (HoL), Figure Eight, Heel Free, Recall, Long Sit, Long Down.

Companion Dog Excellent (CDX) - Open

CDX is the middle title in obedience. It is earned by successfully qualifying three times in the Open A/B class. It requires the first and some second row of obedience skills: Drop on Recall, Retrieval on Flat (Ret on Flat), Retrieval over High Jump (Ret over High Jump), Broad Jump.

Utility Dog (UD) - Excellent

UD is the top title in obedience. It is earned by successfully qualifying three times in the Excellent A/B class. It requires all obedience skills: Signal Exercise, Scent Discrimination, Directed Retrieve, Moving Stand for Exam, Directed Jumping.

and from AKC:
Qualifying Score
A dog receives a qualifying score when it earns more than 50 percent of the points for each exercise, with a total of at least 170 points. A perfect score in any class is 200.

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 6/4/2015 3:25:37 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 3:51:47 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Oh perfect, thank you!! So I guess my boy only needs one more Q to get his CD happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 7:28:04 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

He should gain his CD tomorrow. Don't be surprised if you get a message saying he's gained his title but it's not showing alongside his name - it usually takes a day to add the title.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.