.com Forum · Spanish Water Dog

Replies in this thread : 38
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Spanish Water Dog Revival Project - Abandoned Studs
 Dalkeith
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/10/2015 8:17:26 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post   

Okie dokes - So I have just spent an hour going digging through all the posts on this forum, checking out all the old breeders, lookign through the All-Time Top SWDs list etc to try and find any abandoned studs in old kennels.

It is my aim to try and help bring this breed back from extinction with the help of anyone who is able and willing happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
6/10/2015 8:18:47 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

List of information I have found so far:

Linton Farms
www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Linton+Farms
has 2 studs:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12655643
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12911704

Lancelot:
www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Lancelot
Has 2 studs:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12777405
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12915781

Willowmede Kennels:
www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Willowmede+Kennels
Is the only active SWD kennel with high SOP non-sourcebred dogs - but does not wish to place dogs up for stud or sale.

This dog is up for sale – but on approval ...
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12433800&offer=whole%20&m=sent

-----
Last edited by Dalkeith on 7/13/2015 8:07:54 PM
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2015 7:01:40 PM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

Indiana's stud is FH'd
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2015 8:06:31 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

That sucks sad :(

I'll edit the original post now.

Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2015 7:03:19 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Yeah, I thought Indiana might have been entering the breed but they FHed the SWDs they bought from me shortly after buying them.

Also, may I ask what the status is on Willowmead? o.o I thought they had gone inactive and was just a past SWD kennel that happened to have dogs, but are they actually active and just not willing to share their lines? razz :p
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2015 7:56:36 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Yep - both Oak and myself have emailed them several times and they have ignored our emails. They have chosen not to say anything.

At this stage they are active but refuse to sell dogs or put boys up for stud :/
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2015 8:03:16 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Ah, that is really unfortunate. Ah well, source breeding is a new experience. razz :p It's proven to be more fun than I expected~
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 7:19:24 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Willowmede are showing and making up dogs but this makes showing SWD completely closed. It would be quite nice to show a SWD low SOP but Willowmede can enter their worst dog and thrash us atm.
I'm soooo frustrated by their rudeness.
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 7:20:57 PM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

Sorry that wasme, forgot to switch kennels
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 7:21:44 PM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

Oh and the Dreamweaver dog that is up for sale - is a dead one!!
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2015 8:22:37 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Yes, the situation is rather unfortunate. It would've be fun to try and show a few low SOP dogs, some friendly competition to get things a bit more active while we bring up numbers.

However, the last time they entered shows was on the 5th - perhaps they've stopped showing for now? Either way, if I get anything good in my next few litters I'll be sessioning some - might as well take a whack at showing, and even if it doesn't work out I would have tried. happy :)
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2015 4:11:55 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

I've found some more SWD studs! laugh :D Their SOPs aren't as high as Willow's stuff, but they're pretty decent. happy :)

O*s BI Left Alone [65.35]
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13406174

Os Lock Stock and Barrel [72.20]
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13414303

Owned by Ordo:
www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Ordo

Both are listed at $25. happy :)
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2015 5:30:26 PM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

Yippee ! Well done!!
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2015 5:34:43 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Wow - thats awesome! Thank you so much for finding them! laugh :D laugh :D laugh :D So exciting!

I thought I'd trawled through all of the pedigrees but obviously I must have missed some lol!

Team work laugh :D
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2015 5:37:21 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Lol, I went through every single SWD National since 2009 and clicked through every single dog / owner there was entered haha. Is that obsessive? I think it might be. I have too much time on my hands. >.>
 Street Wise Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2015 5:56:49 PM reply with quote send message to Street Wise Kennels Object to Post

Good idea. I'm willing to start a new kennel with SWD's, but it'll have to wait a week so. ($$)

I'm retired and don't have much going on, sounds like fun. happy :)
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2015 6:05:47 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

That would be great! laugh :D Source prices are currently pretty low so it should be easy to get a hold of some starting material. happy :) I've also got a few litters coming up as well so I could also try to supply you with some higher SOP pups, though I don't think I've really got the best stock at the moment haha.

Also... Willowmead just put a bunch of dogs up for sale? They're $200 on approval... I offered on a bunch, though I'm wondering if they are really going to let the dogs go? An interesting plot development, if you as me. razz :p

(Though I am now wondering if this discussion should go in the general SWD thread? razz :p Might as well try to centralize things instead of having them spread out over two threads.)

-----
Last edited by Myths on 7/17/2015 6:09:53 PM
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2015 5:10:58 AM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

OMG Dalkeith just messaged me to point out Willowmede has dogs up for sale! Good on them finally for 'opening up' the game. Thing is if we are all desparate for higher SOP stock we should resist the temptation to offer silly money. I'm not very well off so my offer on a bitch and a dog will be $100. If any of you manage to buy something and I dont, please can I buy a pup in future? Thanks.
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2015 5:14:58 AM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

Does anyone know who Brooklands is? They gaot a high SOP dog pup off Willowmede, hope he goes up at stud if we dont manage to get anything

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14137688
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2015 6:54:03 AM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

No clue who Brooklands or Nilak is. Unless Nilak is one of Dalkieth's accounts, it looks like Willow just put dogs up for sale so that they could buy it on one of their own accounts. They are listed as a family, so Nilak could be part of it.
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2015 11:15:51 AM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

Brooklands is a basic, only joined last week, 3 dogs, 3 different breeds, no other info, wonder if they'd like an invite to join the revival project?

Replies in this thread : 38
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.