.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 37
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Lolboter
Basic User

Basic User
10/1/2018 6:59:32 PM reply with quote send message to Lolboter Object to Post

There are also lots of other "ways" to ensure better results, more so than just handler selection and condition! Personally, Im too time poor for all that jazz BUT

If you go to each judges profile, they have specific likes of what they prefer:
* Some prefer dogs over bitches
* Some prefer a dog has its championship before they put it up
* There is also a table of points of how much the judge looks for specific traits, ie- might be a stickler for feet- but doesnt really care about coat!

If I had the time on my hands, my dogs would probably do a lot better :P
 Legendary Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2019 5:59:58 PM reply with quote send message to Legendary Dogs Object to Post

Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2019 12:54:24 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

Bump
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2019 4:42:38 AM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

Bump
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2019 10:30:56 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

No Message.
 ambertal
Basic User

Basic User
11/9/2019 6:05:14 PM reply with quote send message to ambertal Object to Post

posted by Lolboter
There are also lots of other "ways" to ensure better results, more so than just handler selection and condition! Personally, Im too time poor for all that jazz BUT

If you go to each judges profile, they have specific likes of what they prefer:
* Some prefer dogs over bitches
* Some prefer a dog has its championship before they put it up
* There is also a table of points of how much the judge looks for specific traits, ie- might be a stickler for feet- but doesnt really care about coat!

If I had the time on my hands, my dogs would probably do a lot better :P

What about the breed bias?
 shinra
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/17/2020 4:53:45 PM reply with quote send message to shinra Object to Post

bump!
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2020 11:58:42 PM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

Bump
 Loch Tay
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2021 3:11:49 AM reply with quote send message to Loch Tay Object to Post

Bump
 TR Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/29/2021 7:36:21 PM reply with quote send message to TR Kennels Object to Post

Once a show dog is fully sessioned is there a benifit to continue to session?
 evannes
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2021 1:09:18 AM reply with quote send message to evannes Object to Post

bump!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/10/2021 7:12:28 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Breed Bias:

Someone asked about this. I'm not sure if I have read this somewhere from some forgotten source or it's just a personal interpretation/figment of my imagination, but . . .

I think Breed Bias refers to the list of important traits that appears on both the Judges Page and the Breed Page.

If a judge has a high breed bias they are more likely to follow the guidelines from the breed page. If they have a low breed bias, they will follow their own personal bias. So if the judge is high and matches the breed chart well, and your dog's traits align well with these, you might have the winner!

Again, just a guess/interpretation . . .
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2021 3:41:41 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

That's interesting Gaylan I'd never thought of it that way. I always assumed a high breed bias meant the judge has favourite breeds and that those breeds have a mucher better chance under that judge in the Groups.
 CoffieDog
Basic User

Basic User
11/25/2021 8:51:20 PM reply with quote send message to CoffieDog Object to Post

posted by Star Shiine
I always assumed a high breed bias meant the judge has favourite breeds and that those breeds have a mucher better chance under that judge in the Groups.
This is what I recall hearing in the past, but I think Gaylann's interpretation sounds a lot cooler, I hope it's actually that. Did Jeff ever clarify or has someone asked him? Although I wouldn't be surprised if he forgot by now lol
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/26/2021 5:09:30 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Lol! Something for someone with more patience and determination than I these days to test this concept.

Good luck to said person - let me know what you find out.

Edit:
I guess in a way, if you look at it from the aspect of those charts, a judge might be said to favour those breeds which have charts that align with their own personal charts.

Perhaps the two explanations are not really that different. Nowhere that I've seen does it identify what the judges favourite breeds are but it always struck me that there had to be some connection between the breed chart and that of the judge.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 11/26/2021 8:49:59 PM
 Flush
Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2021 12:26:13 PM reply with quote send message to Flush Object to Post

Bump
 KennelMio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/7/2022 5:46:14 PM reply with quote send message to KennelMio Object to Post

Bumping this very helpful post.

Replies in this thread : 37
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.