Search

.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : The Rough and Smooth Collie... Should they be separate on SD???
 ArctikFox
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/15/2006 2:14:39 AM reply with quote send message to ArctikFox Object to Post   

I was wondering, on SD it just lists Collie as Collie. Not Smooth Collie or Rough Collie. Should they list them separately?... in AKC they're judged separately. What do you guys think?
 Loveless Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2006 2:34:24 AM reply with quote send message to Loveless Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I think it is fine the way it is. It would cause alot of extra work for Jeff and Laura. Smooths and Roughs are judged on the same standerd, other then coat ofcourse. Also, that would mean we would have to split up the other varities, like the ASCOB, parti, and black Cocker Spaniel, also the 13" and 15" beagle. If you want to specialize in smooths, like I do, then change the personal pic so its a smooth.

Maeghan at Loveless SMOOTH Collies.
 ArctikFox
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2006 11:09:26 AM reply with quote send message to ArctikFox Object to Post

oh... didn't realize that they didn't separate the other varieties. I can't change my pic anyway, not a premium user. Love this website though!!! I think I'll specialize in the rough collie anyway. Thx!
 duckberry
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2006 4:17:20 PM reply with quote send message to duckberry Object to Post

I love smooth collies so I would just change the pic and put on my banner "smooth collies"
 tibbiespaniels
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2006 2:48:42 PM reply with quote send message to tibbiespaniels Object to Post

I'm a smoothie fan myself. If they separated collies, they'd have to do Dachshunds, cockers, etc.
 B Collies Rock
Basic User

Basic User
1/25/2006 6:44:55 PM reply with quote send message to B Collies Rock Object to Post

I think that they should be seperated. that might be hard for Jeff though becuase then he'd have to do that for all the others: Daschound, Chihuahua, and some spaniels.
 Golden Beauty Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/25/2006 6:48:51 PM reply with quote send message to Golden Beauty Kennels Object to Post

They would have to seperate-

Dachsunds
American Cocker Spaniels
Beagles
Bull Terriers

molly411
Basic User

Basic User
3/10/2006 10:59:07 AM reply with quote send message to molly411 Object to Post

I have a Smooth Collie!! I think that they should defintly have them on SD!!!!
 RanTan
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2006 11:04:39 AM reply with quote send message to RanTan Object to Post

The mini bull terrier and standard have been seperated! happy :)

Tanya
 sassy234
Basic User

Basic User
3/11/2006 11:23:21 AM reply with quote send message to sassy234 Object to Post

The Mini Bull Terrier and Bull Terrier are two seperate breeds. The Bull Terrier is classified into either white or colored, though.

~Morgan
 ArctikFox
Basic User

Basic User
3/16/2006 9:10:52 PM reply with quote send message to ArctikFox Object to Post

posted by sassy234
The Mini Bull Terrier and Bull Terrier are two seperate breeds. The Bull Terrier is classified into either white or colored, though.

~Morgan

Thanks Morgan! Took the words right out of my mouth!razz :p

~ArctikFox
 molly411
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2006 8:54:50 PM reply with quote send message to molly411 Object to Post

You guys are all right!
 Colliebreed
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2008 10:49:19 PM reply with quote send message to Colliebreed Object to Post

I don't think so. Smooth is just a different variety from rough. Other breeds have different varieties and are judged that same way as the Collie.
Smooth and rough Collie puppies can be in the same litter in the United States, and some other countries.
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2008 4:55:54 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

Well, I think they should but then again they shouldn't. SD, I don't think, needs anymore breeds. Then again, I do like this idea. Smooth Collies and Rough Collies ARE two different breeds.
 Deep Water Wheatens
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2008 6:31:56 PM reply with quote send message to Deep Water Wheatens Object to Post

Check the date. You're over two years late on this one. wink ;)
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
6/10/2008 12:48:53 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

Oh, thanks Deeper Wheaten! I never noticed that. I just saw that the last post was today!
 Colliebreed
Basic User

Basic User
6/11/2008 12:13:00 PM reply with quote send message to Colliebreed Object to Post

They are two different breeds in some countries (like Australia, I think). But not in America.
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
6/11/2008 12:37:04 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

posted by Colliebreed
They are two different breeds in some countries (like Australia, I think). But not in America.
They are in America. In the AKC they seperate the breeds. They have two totally different personalities.
 Colliebreed
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2008 2:20:02 PM reply with quote send message to Colliebreed Object to Post

On the standard, it lists them as one breed. It just has different sections on the coat.
The 3 varieties of Poodles are one breed, but they are shown separately too.
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2008 2:20:33 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

Okay, I get what your saying.
 Chloe Sullivan
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2008 5:28:32 PM reply with quote send message to Chloe Sullivan Object to Post

they need to change that. i think there is a big difference in the way the rough and smooth are judged. What do you think?

Replies in this thread : 30
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.