.com Forum · Toy Breeds

Replies in this thread : 49
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Hermeston
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2006 9:59:50 AM reply with quote send message to Hermeston Object to Post

Sad to say, many of the parents of these dogs were sold on limited AKC registration...then they end up in a puppy mill churning out "designer" puppies for the kind of clueless folks who think that a pet shop is a great place to buy a dog.

There was a huge "breeding kennel" for sale about a year ago. The owner was pretty open about how any cute mix was worth big bucks.

And of course no health testing, minimal vet care, no socialization, and who knows what combination of temperament/ behavior problems.

Nothing against mixes....but for goodness sake rescue, don´t buy.
 Black Sunshine
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2006 10:52:37 AM reply with quote send message to Black Sunshine Object to Post

Silk Shadows
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2006 11:04:25 AM reply with quote send message to Silk Shadows Object to Post

My mom has a "Puggle". Most annoying dog i've ever met. Hyper as all get out. If shes normal for the mix, they MUST have someone who will give them lots of discipline and something to do all day. She has a very catty personality. Likes to sit on the backs of things. Must have a fenced in yard because they are part Beagle and beagles will follow their nose anywhere and everywhere if given the chance.

If you do want or get one, PLEASE don't buy it! Its just telling those puppymills and "designer dog breeders" that what their doing is okay. Go and adopt one. There are tons online with good personalities and you can learn more about a dog from what a rescue tells you than what a "Breeder" tells you who is just after money.
 swx
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2006 11:19:28 AM reply with quote send message to swx Object to Post

puggles are cute but people make them out to be so much cuter then they really are.
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/17/2006 4:24:14 AM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

posted by Vaquera
I want to say that all mixes aren't bad- i have a cavalier king charles spaniel/ shih tzu mix. it's an awesome combo to have- he's got a gr8 personality, energy level, doesn't shed at all, etc. i haven't heard anyone make up one of those annoyingly stupid names for him. (maybe they'd call it a shihtzulier) wink ;)
nope mixes arent bad, whats bad is money hungry byb and puppy mills that jump on the crazes.

Basically can pay for thousands of dollars what you can get in your local animal shelter and breed rescue groups.
 Vaquera
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2006 6:16:06 PM reply with quote send message to Vaquera Object to Post

ARRGGGHHHH!!! I just went on www.designerdoggies.com/
and THEY HAVE A COCKALIER!!!! ( and no it is not 'cute'!) Really, puppy mills that do this sort of thing soley to make a profit DO bug me! If you have 'professionals' doing this sort of thing, next thing you know some idiot will be trying to make it a real breed!
 Vaquera
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2006 6:19:28 PM reply with quote send message to Vaquera Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Oh, and on the 'Recognized Hybrids' list (which is ridiculous because ANY mix is a hybrid,) I found out that my poor Cavalier/ Shih Tzu is officially a 'Cava-Tzu'
 Shybade
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2006 6:21:15 PM reply with quote send message to Shybade Object to Post

Lately it seems they'll mix anything they can, give it a cute name, put a $1,000+ price tag on it and advertise it as "rare and unique"... and sadly they sell. There is a "Loberman" breeder that advertises in the local paper here... Lab + Doberman... it's just crazy.
 Puplover4
Basic User

Basic User
9/30/2006 11:16:53 AM reply with quote send message to Puplover4 Object to Post

Yes I have seen puggles before they are very cute!
them collies and beagles are my favorite breeds
 merrow
Basic User

Basic User
10/17/2006 4:41:51 PM reply with quote send message to merrow Object to Post

its amazing what ppl will do for a bit of money but i guess while there r silly ppl willing to surport bad breeding like these well it will go on. scary thing is certain breeds like pug find it difficlt to welp with normal pups letalone larger pups from the cross bredding poor bitches sad :(

amazes me y ppl pay about £1000 for one of these rather than £100 out of a rescue center i have my little cros breed at home and a pedigree but i would only pay that sorta money for a show dog not a mongral.

if only ppl did the reserch b4 bying one of these and saw the poor disfiged pups that comes out with miss shapen legs and so many health problems.
 CaboodleIWS
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2006 10:46:49 PM reply with quote send message to CaboodleIWS Object to Post

Puggles are an absolutely disgusting fad. If you want a mix, go rescue one. If you want to pay big bucks for a dog, go to a REPUTABLE breeder who is doing health testing and breeding ONLY to improve the breed.

Puggles are a horrendous fad that is extremely stupid. Why would someone combine a dog that loves to run, with a dog with breathing problems? They both shed, are very stubborn, and housetrain with difficulty. Sounds like someone wants money.
Erin, I couldn't agree more. You are not only taking a dog that loves to run (and run away), but you are breeding it to a dog that wouldn't be able to find it's way out of a paper bag. Then, to top that off, you are taking a breed that was meant to hunt (and follow its nose) and crossing it with a breed that is brachiocephalic (flat-faced), often creating a breed that likes to follow its nose but, not only can it not breathe properly for such a setup, but you are putting the eyes CLOSER to that nose, accounting for more and more eye problems...

For the Pug Dog Club of America's "official" stance on this revolting cross, go here:
pugs.org/Puggles.htm" target="_blank">pugs.org/Puggles.htm
Personally, I find the second article (by Pat Kolesar) to be the best on the subject that I've seen from a Pug breeder, though the first (by Charlotte) is very well put as well...

The things I don't like about them though is that there extremley hyper like pugs. I'm not a big fan of the Pug personallity but if you are, then there great!
No offense meant (so please don't take it that way) but a Pug should NOT be hyper. Those that are generally are a result of poor parentage/bad breeding practices... Pugs are bred to be companion dogs, and should therefore be calm and collected enough to sit idly on the couch and watch TV with you. While, yes, there are exceptions to every "rule" - and while each Pug can be active in their own right - the overall demeanor of the breed is NOT one of hyperactivity.

I would be willing to bet that the majority of the hyperactivity is beagle-related OR from poorly bred Pugs...
 copper454198
Basic User

Basic User
4/9/2007 12:01:41 AM reply with quote send message to copper454198 Object to Post

I have (in real life) 2 puggles a male + female names r Mojo + Jem. They had 3 pups and 1 has a puffy face 2 males 1 female. We sold them for $200 each. The male+female r at a farm now!!!
 copper454198
Basic User

Basic User
4/9/2007 12:02:14 AM reply with quote send message to copper454198 Object to Post

I have (in real life) 2 puggles a male + female names r Mojo + Jem. They had 3 pups and 1 has a puffy face 2 males 1 female. We sold them for $200 each. The male+female r at a farm now!!!
 HappyPappy07
Basic User

Basic User
4/9/2007 4:56:08 PM reply with quote send message to HappyPappy07 Object to Post

I Like Chi-Weenies, Because Of Their Big Ears, Although Some People Dont. The Thing I Dont Like Is The Fact That People Actually Buy Mixes For $1,000 And Up, Just Because They Have "Cute Names"
Now A Days People Use The Name Of A breed As A Factor Of Cuteness.
Now Theyre Gonna Start Calling My Little Puppy Honey A Shephit, Now THAT Is HORRENDOUS!Also Cuteness Is Not The Only Factor Either, Consider Health! #1 RULE NEVER,I MEAN NEVER BUY A DOG FROM A PET SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Say No More
Basic User

Basic User
4/9/2007 5:10:11 PM reply with quote send message to Say No More Object to Post

This thread is almost a year old, please check post dates before you bump them up.
 crested
Basic User

Basic User
4/9/2007 6:00:16 PM reply with quote send message to crested Object to Post

user wiped their message
 Leonards Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2007 7:01:46 PM reply with quote send message to Leonards Dogs Object to Post

I like pugs and I like beagles so I would like to see them put together
 miniature pinscher kennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2007 7:05:52 PM reply with quote send message to miniature pinscher kennel Object to Post

puggles are so cute and they r good dogs my friend has one and it trained real easy and loves to play and mixes are generally good dogs 2 of my dogs are mixes one is a lab/shepherd/chow mix and the other is a bordercollie/beagle mix and they are both very loyal
 Leonards Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2007 7:06:11 PM reply with quote send message to Leonards Dogs Object to Post

posted by Rumor Dobes
posted by E-Rae Kennel
Puggles are a horrendous fad that is extremely stupid. Why would someone combine a dog that loves to run, with a dog with breathing problems? They both shed, are very stubborn, and housetrain with difficulty. Sounds like someone wants money.

Erin

i agree. Somewhere on a site it said "they don't shed and wont bark"
Which is not true because both breeds shed and both bark.

I have a pug and he does bark and does shed but they house train easily. I had one pug for 4 years and he was the best thing you could ask for. My cousins also have a beagle and I think that they are very good dogs. You can take them hunting and can also play fetch and other things with them. But when you breed those two together they will only get some genetics so they can run and have fun without killing over dead. Beagles and Pugs do not shed that bad though so it isn't that bad
 Cloverwoof
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2007 11:07:34 PM reply with quote send message to Cloverwoof Object to Post

^I truly hope that you don't really think genetices work like that.

Sorry to bump this EXTREMELY old thread though.

Clover

Replies in this thread : 49
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.