Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Obedience & Conformation
 HeatherRose
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/21/2021 2:38:59 PM reply with quote send message to HeatherRose Object to Post   

Can you enter a dog in obedience and conformation at the same show and still have good results in both?
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/21/2021 11:18:58 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I think you will find that doing both affects the dog's performance in obedience trials. It won't do as well, and there will be a note on the dog's obedience result saying something along the lines, that the "dog had a lot on today". I don't remember the exact wording as it happened to me quite a few years ago now.

I don't know if it affects the dog in the conformation ring.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 3/21/2021 11:19:13 PM
 chocolateteapot
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/13/2021 10:02:58 AM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

I get that saying a lot too, I usually do both with my dogs in RL so I do them both on Showdogs too! Then when they are too old to show(on here) I've been doing obedience with them to give them something to do LOL

I don't know if there is a "proper" number of dogs to enter, or a "proper" way of doing both and I can't find any rules on it??
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/13/2021 5:09:26 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I dabbled in obedience with some specials before.

If you enter in obedience and an allbreed, you should be fine. I found obedience was affected if I entered a specialty, allbreed, and obedience in the same night.

Will

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.