Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Tawny
 El Caballo Blanco
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/16/2022 8:45:09 AM reply with quote send message to El Caballo Blanco Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by El Caballo Blanco on 8/23/2022 4:08:54 AM
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2022 12:45:22 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

What breed?
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2022 1:30:20 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Tawny is listed as a colour for several breeds and it may indicate different genetic conditions in different breeds.

To me tawny is in the red/yellow/cream series, mostly in the middle range. I wouldn't usually include Isabella which to me is a blue-liver dd/bb - sort of a silvery grey (Weimaraner). I usually visualize tawny with a modest amount of sabling but that's just perhaps my mental picture.

My first run-in with "tawny" was many years ago when I was asked to do a model of a Briard in tawny, so that tends to be my visual center place - lol.
 El Caballo Blanco
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2022 4:20:53 PM reply with quote send message to El Caballo Blanco Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by El Caballo Blanco on 8/23/2022 4:09:00 AM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/17/2022 1:56:26 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Interesting . . .

You are probably right about the Neo - it does look like their tawny is a b/b,d/d. There seem to be a few breeds that refer to this as Isabella.

Now if memory serves me correct, I have read that the term "Isabella" was first applied to what we usually think of as palomino in horses. There was a Queen Isabella way. way back who favoured horses of this colour. The typical Palomino colour in horses is the result of the recessive alleles in the C series acting on a chestnut horse.

El Caballo Blanco
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/17/2022 7:34:00 PM reply with quote send message to El Caballo Blanco Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by El Caballo Blanco on 8/23/2022 4:09:07 AM
 residential5
Basic User

Basic User
8/19/2022 2:35:28 PM reply with quote send message to residential5 Object to Post

Late to the party but depending on the breed it may mean a liver pigmented red.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.