Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : It's hurting my eyes!
 Everkai
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/25/2013 1:08:39 PM reply with quote send message to Everkai Object to Post   

Alright I'll admit, I've been going to the old layout more than I should have..

but I got on the new one today and all the blue links on the dogs page and what not hurt my eyes..
 Morningstar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/29/2013 6:28:44 PM reply with quote send message to Morningstar Kennels Object to Post

I dropped many of my kennels for this very reason. I told Jeff I was dropping the kennels because the lack of color contrast hurt my eyes and I could only stay on for a really short time. He cancelled the kennels for me but said nothing about my complaint.

NAn
 zealous
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2013 7:50:06 PM reply with quote send message to zealous Object to Post

i,ve been noticing this factor since the new sd was switched over!i too am unable to stay on long
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2013 7:57:31 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

So, I'm not the only one...

I've always said it was way too white. It's boring...and it sometimes hurts to look at for extended periods...probably why I flip back and forth between dA and SD.

Alexandria

PS Pushed Post too fast!

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 8/3/2013 7:59:30 AM
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2013 5:03:30 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by Laffy-Taffy Kennels

I've always said it was way too white. It's boring...and it sometimes hurts to look at for extended periods...probably why I flip back and forth between dA and SD.

Alexandria

PS Pushed Post too fast!

-----

I actually have to do the same thing. Due to several eye surgeries in the past, my eyes can get sensitive pretty fast :/
 Fourth Reich
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2013 7:08:00 PM reply with quote send message to Fourth Reich Object to Post

I personally miss the old layout but I do like some of the new features. Put those on the old layout and its a win win. happy :)

-Four
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2013 9:03:00 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

posted by Welsh Corgi Kennels
posted by Laffy-Taffy Kennels

Alexandria

PS Pushed Post too fast!

-----

I actually have to do the same thing. Due to several eye surgeries in the past, my eyes can get sensitive pretty fast :/

I've got fairly sensitive eyes myself...have worn glasses for 11 years now (good grief...) and have a very slight case of astigmatism.

But, if I flip between dA and SD, I get both done and it's not as hard on the eyes.

Still, it should probably be changed as there are plenty of sensitive-eyed people.

Alexandria
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2013 4:15:59 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Yes, I agree that it's a very bright white background to be on for any length of time.

Wouldn't have used this white for a site that I wanted folks to stay on for a long time.

K
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2013 8:12:04 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

I mean, I know theres white on the old site, but not NEARLY as much.
 Leidenschaftlich
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 12:35:18 AM reply with quote send message to Leidenschaftlich Object to Post

Does it help to dim the computer screen?
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 11:15:03 AM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by Leidenschaftlich
Does it help to dim the computer screen?
I actually was going to try that next time I was on the new version. I remember I had to do that when something scratched up my eye last summer and it helped (did it ever hurt. >.> )

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.