Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Looking For Breeds...
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/23/2014 10:42:07 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

...to work on for my Homebred CH in Every Breed program. Right now, I only need one breed, but will take several suggestions to think on. Person suggesting the breed must be willing to provide a bitch that will produce a dog that'll be able to finish. I'd like a breed that would be fairly easy to finish (nothing rare, and nothing overly competitive) but if you can convince me to take it, I will wink ;).

The breeds I've done are on my page, but I'll put them here as well wink ;)

Afghan
Dachshund
Dandy Dinmont Terrier
Scottish Terrier
Standard Poodle
Yorkshire Terrier

I tried getting a Rottie and a Dobe, since I had those previously in my other kennel, but they didn't work out, so I don't want to try them again for a while. I've got Shelties covered, since I also have those in my other kennel.

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 6/23/2014 10:58:29 PM
 Sun Dale
Basic User

Basic User
6/23/2014 11:15:55 PM reply with quote send message to Sun Dale Object to Post

What about Newfoundlands? I have a couple of females up for sale right now.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 5:41:12 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I have either a Toller or GWP bitch I could give you. The GWP would be super easy- I'm breeding 94+, there are still mid 93s being shown (occasionally a bit higher).
 Artesia
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 11:57:00 AM reply with quote send message to Artesia Object to Post

I have this Newf Bitch, she just produced a 95.8 puppy.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12996114
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 2:37:38 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

Why not clumbers? I have a few breeding-age and puppy girls I can give you to start with. High SOP is low 92's, and show SOP is 91's. I still show my 90.95 boy and he wins and gets points on occasion.

--Windy
 PPKeeshond
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 3:49:34 PM reply with quote send message to PPKeeshond Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I can help you with either Keeshonds, Bull Terriers, or Portuguese Water Dogs wink ;)

Em

-----
Last edited by PPKeeshond on 6/24/2014 4:05:53 PM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 6:33:32 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Oooooh, and how do I ever pick...

Maybe I need TWO breeds to work on right now...I'm gonna think about it tonight and give my answer tomorrow night wink ;)

Alexandria
 Sierra R Herders
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 7:51:51 PM reply with quote send message to Sierra R Herders Object to Post

How about collies?

Right now anything 92 on up will finish. I have a few proven breedable girls i can lease out. These are in the 92 sop range and have produced 92+ sop's in the past.

Becky
 bradleydaniel
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2014 1:29:40 AM reply with quote send message to bradleydaniel Object to Post

posted by Sun Dale
What about Newfoundlands? I have a couple of females up for sale right now.
I've got some better news for them.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2014 8:23:40 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

I apologize for not posting this last night. But, the two breeds I've decided on for now are…

Australian Shepherd
Portuguese Water Dog

To those I didn't pick, I definitely want to try Newfies and Tollers as my next two, after these are crossed off happy :)

Thanks, everybody! laugh :D
Alexandria
 Stephval Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2014 10:37:38 AM reply with quote send message to Stephval Kennels Object to Post

If you need PWD broods, I have four bitches you can have, if interested.
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/27/2014 7:30:27 AM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Im actually interested in Tollers or GWP. wink ;) Lol.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.