Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : GCH Points
 me__0021
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/8/2014 1:31:01 AM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post   

Hi,
I've been showing some Sussex Spaniels and after finishing off two of them, they've gone in and kept earning GCH points.
What's confused me though, is that tonight, despite the same mix of dogs (I think I'm the only kennel showing at the moment) neither of my two CHs got any GCH points, despite going BIB and BOOS. Neither have finished their GCH either. Any ideas about why this might be?

The show was Strikers November Show.

Jessica
 Whitegold Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/8/2014 1:32:07 AM reply with quote send message to Whitegold Kennels Object to Post

And I've just learnt that obviously shows do GCH points after awarding places, and now the points have been added.

#facepalm

That's what I get for playing in an odd timezone where game midnight is afternoon time. Too excited.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2014 1:45:22 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I do that ALL the time!
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2014 9:23:02 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

I check all the time before going to bed too, and it's like "ok, I see those points, but they havent shown up on the page to finish the Ch or GCh, but I know its coming, right? right? I didnt miscaculate....so Im always in a rush to get on in the morning to confirm what I know SHOULD be true. lol.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/10/2014 12:43:25 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I had a dog who got 3rd in show and got no GCh points. That doesn't make sense to me.
 PixelPups
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/16/2014 9:28:38 PM reply with quote send message to PixelPups Object to Post

You only get GCH points by defeating dogs in your own breed. Group/show placements don't help.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler