Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Studs on approval
 Lanakila Corgis
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/25/2015 2:00:07 PM reply with quote send message to Lanakila Corgis Object to Post   

Ok, maybe I have missed the answer somewhere...but when I put up a stud on approval only, someone was still able to use him without my approval--I never received any notification that they were requesting to use him, I just got an email that so-and-so was bred to my stud. What is the point of having a stud on approval when anyone can breed to them anyway?
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2015 6:15:36 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Must be a glitch, because before when you placed a stud on approval, the person would request a pairing and then you would approve the pairing. Not sure where you go for that, as I never place mine on approval, but maybe someone can help with that.

Have you emailed admin to let them know this happened?
 Wynsolot
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2015 2:17:42 AM reply with quote send message to Wynsolot Object to Post

Just out of interest, why do you put studs on approval?

In the breeds I am in, there would be no point

I seem to remember requesting a stud and when the owner didn't respond after a few days, the breeding went through and I got some great pups!
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2015 4:53:29 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

from the help section

"IMPORTANT: If you do not decline a stud service within 24-hours of the request, it will be automatically approved. If you know you won't be online for at least 24-hours and do not want your stud used, please disable stud services for him. Once the 24-hours is up, you can still decline an offer, however the person making the offer has the option of breeding to your stud if you don't decline."

"What if I don't login for 24-hours and my stud gets used by somebody I don't want it to be used by?
This is a risk you take by offering your dogs up for stud. Rather than leaving your potential stud service customers hanging for days at a time, if you do not decline a request within 24-hours, it is automatically accepted.

We do this to prevent frustration on the part of users who are attempting to breed their bitches. Waiting two days for an approval for the use of a stud they are paying money for is a inconvenience we aren't willing to place on your stud service customers.
"

-----
Last edited by PPvallhunds on 3/26/2015 4:55:50 PM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.