Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : What are some of your acronyms?
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/23/2015 7:19:23 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post   

I had a random thought - it would be kool to see which acronyms or other 'notes' that people often use in the 'call names' of dogs to help you manage your kennels happy :)

I often use:

NTBE - Needs To Be Entered
A1LO - Allow 1 Litter Only
FHAL - Forever Home After Litter
SAL - Sell After Litter
FK - Finishing Kennel
GFG? - Go For Grand-Champion title (when I'm still deciding lol)

Obviously I use all the normal symbols/acronyms too like '9.9S' for 9.9 Size etc. I also keep track of points won in shows towards titles using '6Pts/2Mjrs' etc.

What does everyone else use? happy :)
 Blaidd Drwg Caucasians
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2015 7:30:31 PM reply with quote send message to Blaidd Drwg Caucasians Object to Post

FHAL is the only one I really use. Enter or I'll put the date their shows end.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2015 7:36:53 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I use .... ka/** and ka/*
it's a reminder that the dog is on a kennel assistant and is sessioning two traits ** or one trait *

I also like to include BISS
or if I'm really lucky BIS
as a reminder/advertising

also if I hit one of the GCh levels I'll put BrzGCh
or SilGCh

other than that it's primarily
SOP & Color/Coat
or genome if I'm color breeding
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2015 10:25:16 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Key:
BR - Brood bitches for breeding, decided at birth
SH - Dog/Bitch that is completely sessioned and it currently showing
BR / SH - A bitch that was shown but is now a breeding brood
SD - Stud dog. Male dog not shown
RT - Retired ( To be retired the dog must have atleast 10 BIG or 1 BIS )
BIG - Amount of Best in Groups ( Only posted if the dog has 10 or more group firsts )
BIS - Amount of Best in Shows
* - Dog does not have 20 Show Shine
Blank - Dogs that are being sessioned to show, normally pre-named

(Taken from my page slogan )
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2015 11:12:14 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I put the latest consecutive date a show is entered. So a few dogs have 12/4 in the call name but are really entered in later shows. This is adjusted as the consecutive string of dates gets later.

After the date some dogs have NH. This means they are entered in shows to that date without any handlers assigned. Usually done on dogs who are helping to make majors.

Sometimes I will put adjusted SOP in the call names, but that usually goes in the dog notes. Other than that, I'm pretty plain. laugh :D
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2015 1:36:52 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

I do seperate runs for those I am sessioning and showing so i dont over look them
Then I do EH or ENH for entered with handlers or entered no handlers with the date I entered theough ( So EH25 means Ive gt them entered until the 25th)

Im going to use FHAL though because I was spelling out after litter

I used to try to do P177725th or whatever to tell me when I need t trade them off puppy food- but Im s bad with that. P_____ is always puppy whatever
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2015 4:59:30 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

It's certainly really interesting to see how many different acronyms and notes people use happy :) Many of them I would never have thought of happy :)

I'm guilty of using LOTS of kennel runs hahaa - across my 5 kennels I have countless kennel runs for each kennel to help remind me to do stuff etc.

Some of them include:

Show - Campaign
Show - GCH
Show - Bitches
Show - Dogs
Session - Adults
Session - Pups
Broods
Studs
Second Chance/Sell After Litter

And then I have heaps of 'trait project' runs such as:

Head Project
Gait Project
Etc happy :)

Dividing the Session dogs into pups and adults helps remind me to change their food over once they turn 14 days old.

Keeping the girls who are showing separate to the boys also helps as I will often focus much harder on getting the girls to complete their CH title a lot sooner than the boys since I want to get on with breeding them :P

I rarely show to GCH these days due to lack of time - so I like having those dogs who are worthy of a GCH title to be kept separate too. They usually get pulled from shows as soon as that GCH title hits their names :P

Dogs who are in the 'Campaign' kennel run are assessed every few days to see if they are still worthy of being campaigned. Some of these dogs I will even show for the full length of time (120 days) if they are something special happy :)
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2015 7:15:24 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

RAL - Retire After Litter (get rid of the dog after the next/current litter so forever home rather than retire)

That's about it
 Golden Bridge
Basic User

Basic User
11/25/2015 9:29:34 AM reply with quote send message to Golden Bridge Object to Post

I use a few...

FHAL (same as you)

ES (date) as a reminder that the dog is showing and when it runs out of entries.

RET (date) is for campaigners who are hitting 120 days, i enter the last day of shows.

BROOD/STUD is for bitches and dogs that I was showing and have discontinued their show careers for breeding or nonperformance or both.

I tag many dogs with their most valuable traits (if they have any) so that i dont FH them by accident.

I occationally mark dogs with a ? if im unsure if I want to keep them or not.

I think thats about it. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.