Search

.com Forum · Portuguese Pointer

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Starting from Scratch....
 SoBre Dogs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/7/2016 7:01:20 PM reply with quote send message to SoBre Dogs Object to Post   

With all of your current dogs at such a low SOP, yet high generational status, I have decided to have a go at breeding from starter dogs...
I hope that by bringing "new blood" into the breed, we can all benefit.

Edge of Tomorrow
Basic User

Basic User
6/7/2016 7:17:59 PM reply with quote send message to Edge of Tomorrow Object to Post

Hi and welcome to the breed! laugh :D

Our SOPs are so low as we've only been working on reviving the breed since the 16th April 2016.

The 'Generations' are technically incorrect for us though - as because we are using 'current SOP males' to breed to our 1st, 2nd or 3rd Gen source girls it's actually saying the Gen is a lot higher (as it's taking into account the current high SOP male's generation - as opposed to our source generation) ... I hope that makes sense? lol - I'm not very good at explaining things, hahaa!

But anyway - most of us are on our 3rd Gen at the moment I believe.

You can find a list of the 'current' high SOP Hidden Studs (in abandoned kennels) here:

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=545076

And we have a Breeder Update thread here:

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=547970

Which we use to announce new SOPs etc.

Our breed has 4 colours:
Brown
Yellow
Brown & White
Yellow & White

Yellow & White is the most common colour in the hidden studs.

We don't have any high SOP Brown studs anymore.

We only have 1 x Brown/White high SOP stud, and 2 x Yellow.

Most of us are trying to keep some Brown source boys that are born with decent SOPs so that we don't lose the colour altogether.

Looking forward to having a new kennel in the breed! laugh :D If you need anything - feel free to post in the forum or msg any of us happy :) We're all happy to help happy :)
 SoBre Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
6/7/2016 8:30:29 PM reply with quote send message to SoBre Dogs Object to Post

Thank you. Yes, I did read the forum on the breed updates- that is what prompted me to try the breed.

By the way- this is Zipline in another kennel....hahaha

Oh, you are right in the fact that one cannot have too many kennels here! (I just got another family acct.- that makes 2 for me)...

Too much fun!

Thanks!

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.