Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Thinking of a family account... (need breeds)
 Novus
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
7/4/2017 12:21:44 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Hi all,

So I already have three accounts and for that price, I could just upgrade to family. However, I don't know what breeds to pick! I am looking for suggestions from you all (2 breeds)

I currently have:
Maltese, Brussels Griffons, American Cocker Spaniels, English Cocker Spaniels

Not interested in, at all:
Pomeranians, Dobermans

I would not mind another Toy breed aside from Poms.

I prefer lower SOP and breeds with a lot of colors but not a requirement of course.

Feel free to PM me happy :) If you have broods for sale now, I'd be happy to look. I would like to upgrade by the 11th.

Thanks all, happy showing,
-gen

ps sorry for all the edits, forgetting to add pertinent information
-----
Last edited by Novus on 7/4/2017 12:26:42 PM

-----
Last edited by Novus on 7/4/2017 12:29:39 PM
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2017 12:30:24 PM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

You could try a breed from the working group. You can pick one that also wins BIS if that's something you fancy happy :) You could get brood bitches in several breeds, breed them and then see in which breed/breeds you have the most competitive puppies and stick to that breed.
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/4/2017 12:56:30 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Hi, ESAN,

That is typically not how I go about choosing breeds as I will get confused. 10 years in, I have always gotten good suggestions on these sorts of threads from breeders themselves. Just looking for something that might not jump out at me if I chose a breed myself happy :)

Thanks for the suggestions!
 Novus
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/4/2017 12:59:43 PM reply with quote send message to Novus Object to Post

Also, I don't know which breeds are necessarily struggling so hearing here helps me decide and might bring others in.
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/4/2017 3:34:45 PM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

Springer Spaniels could use some more competition.
 Fleetwood1
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2017 5:04:02 PM reply with quote send message to Fleetwood1 Object to Post

Portuguese Podengo

This breed has a boatload of colors and variations of coats...and it is really struggling!

I have been trying to keep the breed going with this kennel and 2 other of my kennels (30 Dogs and Another Dawg Kennel).

Besides my 3 kennels, there are only 2 other active players in the breed.

If you would like to get into this breed, I would be happy to get you set up with some good dogs.

The ones I have are anywhere from gen. 62 to gen. 77 so there is plenty of room for improvement.

Thanks
happy :)
 Lupine Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2017 5:10:15 PM reply with quote send message to Lupine Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I just started in Portuguese Podengos also, I think they will be fun. I will help get anyone started as well! SOPs are all over the map since there is a mix of starter dogs bred to a few older dogs. I don't foresee Picardy pictures anytime soon as there are so many colors.

ETA: I just put some nice Podengos up for sale, from older stock that a nice kennel reclaimed for me! They will be a good start in the breed.

-----
Last edited by Lupine Kennel on 7/4/2017 5:15:08 PM

-----
Last edited by Lupine Kennel on 7/5/2017 5:56:51 PM

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.