Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Weird ... did breeds used to be able to interbreed?
 Marquetry
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/26/2017 4:01:20 PM reply with quote send message to Marquetry Object to Post   

I was looking through ancient Siberian husky pedigrees and ran across this dog, a Samoyed bitch who had a litter of Siberian pups:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?name=snowy%20lady

I don't know if this was unusual or not. I also found a Dalmatian and a Westie in Husky pedigrees.

BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2017 5:24:02 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

No. Sometimes... when a starter dog drops out of the game's archives, people may accidentally reuse the same name. In this case, it can cause the pedigree glitch.

Will
 residential5
Basic User

Basic User
7/26/2017 7:21:57 PM reply with quote send message to residential5 Object to Post

No, it's a game glitch. There's a Yorkie bitch that's behind a bunch of different breeds.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/26/2017 10:09:33 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I'm not sure what exactly the issue is but the same thing happens on ShowHorse - it does seem connected to starters though and old pedigrees.
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
7/27/2017 6:22:45 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Sounds like a whole lotta dogs jumping the neighbours fence wink ;)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/27/2017 3:53:39 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Or tunneling under in the case of that Yorky.

Perhaps she's the first domesticated ShowDog - foundation of all the others (lol)!

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.