This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 57
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Please read -- Skipwall's SOP Evaluator
 Skipwall
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/27/2006 6:33:14 PM reply with quote send message to Skipwall Object to Post   

Hi,
I'm so very very sorry to tell you this, but I've just lost the whole database behind my site sad :(

I've contacted my webhost and I'm hoping they can restore the database, but I'm not hopefull.

I believe I have an backup on my computer, but it'll not contain the newly added stuff (users, dogs, affixes, pictures etc.)

This is as tragic news for me as it'll proberly be for a lot of you, but I can only cross my fingers that we can get the database restored to as close to now as possible.

It's almost 1AM here now, and I'm sorry to say that the site will proberly be 'off-line' until I get home from work tomorrow.

Please let me know, if you have any ideas.

- Mette
www.skipwall.com
 Hermeston
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 6:38:24 PM reply with quote send message to Hermeston Object to Post

oh, Mette, so sad! We´ll all be hoping that something works out and see you back online soon!

Now, where did I put that pen and paper?
 CarMelknl
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 6:39:56 PM reply with quote send message to CarMelknl Object to Post

Oh wow this is a tragedy.....

Heather
 Action Dog Agility
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 6:53:40 PM reply with quote send message to Action Dog Agility Object to Post

Oh, I am soooo sorry!Poor Mette...sad :(
~ADA
 Templar Knights
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 6:57:25 PM reply with quote send message to Templar Knights Object to Post

Oh no!

Mette you worked so hard on that site.
Hopefully it can restored but the webhost.
If not we'll hust all pitch in and try to add what we can.

Now would also be a good time to take a look at this link:
mette-olesen.dk/showdog2/?module=main&page=donation

~Anna

N
 Skipwall
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 7:02:44 PM reply with quote send message to Skipwall Object to Post

Thank you everybody,

I'm in the process of restoring an old backup, so the site is at least functionally again.

- Mette
www.skipwall.com
 Action Dog Agility
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 7:03:46 PM reply with quote send message to Action Dog Agility Object to Post

posted by Skipwall
Thank you everybody,

I'm in the process of restoring an old backup, so the site is at least functionally again.

- Mette
www.skipwall.com

At least you had backup. It will be back in no time, don't worry!happy :)
 Hermeston
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 7:08:25 PM reply with quote send message to Hermeston Object to Post

Yes, for all who use it daily and can´t cope without it!

mette-olesen.dk/showdog2/?module=main&page=donation
 Biffen Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 7:16:57 PM reply with quote send message to Biffen Kennels Object to Post

I was wondering why it wasn't working for me a minute ago laugh :D

I'm sure it'll be okay and up and running in no time. In the mean time, for anyone who needs it, heres the quicksop link: www.showdog.com/Users/quick_sop_view.aspx

Brewer farm
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 7:28:26 PM reply with quote send message to Brewer farm Object to Post

Aww! Sorry it went down, I hope it fully restores.

Diane happy :)
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/27/2006 7:57:51 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

Ohhhhhh NOOOOOOOOO mette all your hard work.... Hope you can get things up without too much pain, we are all discussing and moaning in room LOL
 Eagles Wings Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 8:11:50 PM reply with quote send message to Eagles Wings Kennels Object to Post

Uggh... I know what it's like. And that is why I don't run my old sites anymore wink ;) Hope you get it back.
 Fire Storm
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 8:16:39 PM reply with quote send message to Fire Storm Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Mette,
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the Komondor since I am a breed admin there.
LOL, or I was anyway, it would appear that may have been lost or it just hasn't been re added yet. Either way I will help if I can.
 dt4l696969
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 8:25:00 PM reply with quote send message to dt4l696969 Object to Post

I'm just wondering, when I try to sign in, it says unsuccessful.

I'm guessing that I'm not in the database?

Will I ever be able to sign in without signingup again?

~Tom
 Nadakennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 8:37:55 PM reply with quote send message to Nadakennels Object to Post

oh im sorry mette.
 ChaiLin
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 8:44:35 PM reply with quote send message to ChaiLin Object to Post

Hi,
I have just sent an email begging for help as I got the login unsuccessful too lol
I should have visited this forum first!
I am so sorry that this happened Mette, and hope that it can be fixed,
Regards Marbeth
 Heartland KNU Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 9:56:31 PM reply with quote send message to Heartland KNU Kennels Object to Post

I'm sooo sorry Mette. I love that sight, and I hope you can get it running soon. You've put so much work into it. sad :(

KNU
 emin3mspaz9
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 9:59:00 PM reply with quote send message to emin3mspaz9 Object to Post

I'm so sorry! All of that hard work going down the tubes must be horrible.

Spazzy
 WRK
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2006 10:07:07 PM reply with quote send message to WRK Object to Post

No worries Mette happy :) We know we can count on you to help us (and yourself) through this tough time wink ;)

At least I can still sop dogs, just can't save them happy :) Thought something was funny when I tried to log in a little earlier before seeing this post LOL

Jamie
 Sprinkler Dog Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/28/2006 12:19:37 AM reply with quote send message to Sprinkler Dog Kennel Object to Post

Since i'm pretty new to showdog I am not sure if my signup would have been saved.

I'm sorry to hear that your host crashed, I hope your site won't be too hard to get back up from the backup you made.
 Luck Dragon 2
Basic User

Basic User
9/28/2006 12:30:35 AM reply with quote send message to Luck Dragon 2 Object to Post

That is horrible. I can only imagine how much work you have put into that site over the past years. I hope you really realize how much you are appreciated. SD would not be the same without Skipwall.

Carrie

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 57
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Thread Closed

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class