Search

.com Forum · Brags

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : My First Ever Best in Show!
 CoffieDog
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/14/2020 7:35:03 PM reply with quote send message to CoffieDog Object to Post   

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

I've been playing this game on and off for many years (always as a basic finishing kennel) and I never thought this would happen but today I got my first all-breed Best in Show ever! And with one of my favorite breeds no less, a lovely Irish Terrier!

The Show:
www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=Steinhaus%20Spring%20Show%209

The lucky Irish:
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17151700

Over the moon with him, he had a little late start to his show career but started strong with a group placement from the puppy class. He quickly finished and has had several group placements but I certainly didn't expect this at all lol. Excited to see what the future holds!

UPDATE: A few days later...another Best in Show! laugh :D
www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=Sweetbrier%20Spring%20Show%2019

He's definitely the most successful dog I've shown to date. I usually sell dogs after finishing them but he's a keeper for sure! I've even created a Petz version of him for PKC <3

-----
Last edited by CoffieDog on 4/20/2020 9:17:14 AM
 GooseCreek
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/14/2020 8:03:01 PM reply with quote send message to GooseCreek Object to Post

Congratulations!!
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/14/2020 8:18:39 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Wow, congratulations.
I have been here since 2005-2006 and I don’t recall getting a BIS.
Good for you!!

Carol
 VomWisc
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/14/2020 8:49:16 PM reply with quote send message to VomWisc Object to Post

I, too, have been playing on and off for years! I have yet to get a BIS but just recently placed high in group.

It kind of rejuvenates you in the game to have a good placement or streak of wins! Congratulations!!
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/14/2020 10:07:58 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Congrats! There's nothing like that first BIS!
 Silver Ring Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/15/2020 8:48:06 AM reply with quote send message to Silver Ring Kennel Object to Post

Congratulations!!!
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/15/2020 5:30:36 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

The first one is always the most rewarding!

Treasure that feeling.

Will
 CoffieDog
Basic User

Basic User
4/15/2020 8:33:37 PM reply with quote send message to CoffieDog Object to Post

Thank you everyone! <3
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/15/2020 11:12:41 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Congratulations!
 Maximumwheeliy
Basic User

Basic User
4/19/2020 5:09:24 PM reply with quote send message to Maximumwheeliy Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by CoffieDog
I've been playing this game on and off for many years (always as a basic finishing kennel) and I never thought this would happen but today I got my first all-breed Best in Show ever! And with one of my favorite breeds no less, a lovely Irish Terrier!

The Show:
https://www.showdog.com/shows/show_results.aspx?show=Steinhaus%20Spring%20Show%209

The lucky Irish:
https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17151700

Over the moon with him, he had a little late start to his show career but started strong with a group placement from the puppy class. He quickly finished and has had several group placements but I certainly didn't expect this at all lol. Excited to see what the future holds!

Thank you

-----
Last edited by Maximumwheeliy on 4/19/2020 5:09:47 PM

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.