.com Forum · Australian Forum

Replies in this thread : 78
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

seawood
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2008 9:30:53 PM reply with quote send message to seawood Object to Post

Nope it's hooves. They are making a vegetarian version made with fish scales.
 Beverly Hills Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2008 7:09:52 AM reply with quote send message to Beverly Hills Dogs Object to Post

That doesn't sound so vegetarian....lol...fish scales?!do they know what are wrong with the fish?
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2008 3:21:04 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

LOL, thanks for posting everyone! Horse hooves? Hmm.... interesting.
 seawood
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2008 9:19:56 PM reply with quote send message to seawood Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Some vegetarians do eat fish, as they do not consider it a meat. I am not a vegetarian, but I don't consider fish as a meat.
 ninastar
Basic User

Basic User
1/17/2009 5:50:00 PM reply with quote send message to ninastar Object to Post

posted by sarahj
It makes me ill just thinking of it!
Same here.razz :p
 Kissing_Your_Zebra
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2009 5:26:47 AM reply with quote send message to Kissing_Your_Zebra Object to Post

so not all like born in austrailia australians (lol) have accents ? sorry im probably soo sterotyping you guys... molly x from england x
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2009 1:34:16 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

Um..... guys this is kind of an old post. But, I have no problem with bringing it back up again!

~Sarah~
 mouse15
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2009 11:06:49 PM reply with quote send message to mouse15 Object to Post

I think the same if i could be anything besides american u guys would be my first choice. u guys ROCKlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D:happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)laugh :Dhappy :)laugh :Dhappy :)laugh :D
 me__0021
Premium Member
Forum Moderator

Premium Member Forum Moderator
1/28/2009 4:58:58 AM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post

posted by Kissing_Your_Zebra
so not all like born in austrailia australians (lol) have accents ? sorry im probably soo sterotyping you guys... molly x from england x
In spite of what the person said at the very start of the post all Australian's have an accent. The same way that to me, all English people have an accent and all people from the US have accents.

We do not all sound the same. Some people have accents that are stronger and use more 'Australian slang' than others. For example I DO NOT sound like Steve Irwin and lots of people from the US (I've travelled over there quite a bit) think that I am from the UK.

My personal opinion is that there are regional differences in accents as you travel around Australia. I usually find people from South Australia sound more English (more rounded vowels) whereas people from out west tend to have stronger more strident accents or speak with their mouthes more closed. (My aunt said this was to keep the flies out, and she was from Far North Queensland ... The very top end of Australia, and quite remote).
This is the same as the way that people from Liverpool don't sound like Londoners and those from Texas don not speak like New Yorkers.

Anyway I hope this helps you out. If you have any more questions ask away! I studied linguistics for a while ... hence the interest in accent.

Jessica - from the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia.
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2009 4:46:38 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

Thanks for the info, Jessica!

~Sarah~
 anniemariel99
Basic User

Basic User
2/10/2009 6:23:02 PM reply with quote send message to anniemariel99 Object to Post

I'm american and I think some of the stuff we eat is wierd. I mean, who eats cow tounge? (sorry if misspelled)
 Razorback Ridges
Basic User

Basic User
2/10/2009 6:32:37 PM reply with quote send message to Razorback Ridges Object to Post

My family eats ox tongue :S
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2009 4:26:46 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

LOL! I've always wanted to see what cow tongue tastes like.... eww. wink ;)

~Sarah~
 itsjustmebre
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2009 5:26:17 PM reply with quote send message to itsjustmebre Object to Post

posted by sarahj
LOL! I've always wanted to see what cow tongue tastes like.... eww. wink ;)

~Sarah~

Me too, for some strange reason, lolhappy :) But im not that into meat...the noly meat that i ever eat is Chicken, lolwink ;)

-IJMB
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2009 5:40:23 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

Exactly, for some very STRANGE reason. I would probably puke though. I mean, that tongue has been eating grass! laugh :D ROFL!

~Sarah~
 itsjustmebre
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2009 5:41:57 PM reply with quote send message to itsjustmebre Object to Post

posted by sarahj
Exactly, for some very STRANGE reason. I would probably puke though. I mean, that tongue has been eating grass! laugh :D ROFL!

~Sarah~

LOL, yeah, hahahappy :) I have alway kind of wanted to try fish meat for some reason too, lolrazz :p

-IJMB
 anniemariel99
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2009 6:38:40 PM reply with quote send message to anniemariel99 Object to Post

Sorry if my cow post insulted anyone who likes it, I just think I really would not like it.
 sarahj
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2009 12:39:38 PM reply with quote send message to sarahj Object to Post

I don't think it did, Annie. happy :)

~Sarah~

Replies in this thread : 78
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.