Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : It's hurting my eyes!
 Everkai
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/25/2013 1:08:39 PM reply with quote send message to Everkai Object to Post   

Alright I'll admit, I've been going to the old layout more than I should have..

but I got on the new one today and all the blue links on the dogs page and what not hurt my eyes..
 Morningstar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/29/2013 6:28:44 PM reply with quote send message to Morningstar Kennels Object to Post

I dropped many of my kennels for this very reason. I told Jeff I was dropping the kennels because the lack of color contrast hurt my eyes and I could only stay on for a really short time. He cancelled the kennels for me but said nothing about my complaint.

NAn
 zealous
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2013 7:50:06 PM reply with quote send message to zealous Object to Post

i,ve been noticing this factor since the new sd was switched over!i too am unable to stay on long
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2013 7:57:31 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

So, I'm not the only one...

I've always said it was way too white. It's boring...and it sometimes hurts to look at for extended periods...probably why I flip back and forth between dA and SD.

Alexandria

PS Pushed Post too fast!

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 8/3/2013 7:59:30 AM
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2013 5:03:30 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by Laffy-Taffy Kennels

I've always said it was way too white. It's boring...and it sometimes hurts to look at for extended periods...probably why I flip back and forth between dA and SD.

Alexandria

PS Pushed Post too fast!

-----

I actually have to do the same thing. Due to several eye surgeries in the past, my eyes can get sensitive pretty fast :/
 Fourth Reich
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2013 7:08:00 PM reply with quote send message to Fourth Reich Object to Post

I personally miss the old layout but I do like some of the new features. Put those on the old layout and its a win win. happy :)

-Four
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2013 9:03:00 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

posted by Welsh Corgi Kennels
posted by Laffy-Taffy Kennels

Alexandria

PS Pushed Post too fast!

-----

I actually have to do the same thing. Due to several eye surgeries in the past, my eyes can get sensitive pretty fast :/

I've got fairly sensitive eyes myself...have worn glasses for 11 years now (good grief...) and have a very slight case of astigmatism.

But, if I flip between dA and SD, I get both done and it's not as hard on the eyes.

Still, it should probably be changed as there are plenty of sensitive-eyed people.

Alexandria
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2013 4:15:59 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Yes, I agree that it's a very bright white background to be on for any length of time.

Wouldn't have used this white for a site that I wanted folks to stay on for a long time.

K
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2013 8:12:04 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

I mean, I know theres white on the old site, but not NEARLY as much.
 Leidenschaftlich
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 12:35:18 AM reply with quote send message to Leidenschaftlich Object to Post

Does it help to dim the computer screen?
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2013 11:15:03 AM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by Leidenschaftlich
Does it help to dim the computer screen?
I actually was going to try that next time I was on the new version. I remember I had to do that when something scratched up my eye last summer and it helped (did it ever hurt. >.> )

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.