Search

.com Forum · Standard Poodle

Replies in this thread : 176
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
<< prev page next page >>

Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2014 2:21:22 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2014 6:55:37 PM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

Congrats ^ happy :)
 Stephval Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2014 7:27:00 PM reply with quote send message to Stephval Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Congrats!

Thanks to everyone who has used the brothers, hope everyone gets nice puppies.

ETA
Also have him, getting a little less love lol

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13253401

#1 Standard, currently, $25 stud fee

-----
Last edited by Stephval Kennels on 8/24/2014 7:39:59 PM
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2014 11:25:35 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Here's a nice guys\ who is producing some super duper puppies. I think I have had at least one with an SOP higher than his in every litter!

Today he gave me a 97.1. Love to find surprises like that!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13320622

I'll reduce his stud fee for a bit so everyone can give him a try.

Good luck!

K
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 6:52:42 AM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

Bummer.

A 96.90 dog with a 19.4 SS
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13415185

Would have been a 97.20, if not for that SS.

I'll definitely keep him for breeding purposes though.

Analeyn
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 3:08:31 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

That sucks! I see he;'s out my boy though! Maybe a repeat litter may work? Let me know if you wanna try and Ill reduce his fee for a bit.

WOAH, Im seeing tons of low SS from him.... Im not sure if its him or the dams.... Wait...nvm.. I see. its because his dam was a low SS. This is gonna haunt me

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 9/2/2014 3:10:14 PM
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 3:27:52 PM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

I may consider a repeat. However, I'm not sure if I want to introduce his low SS into my lines, just for the sake of SOP. Given that your stud's dam was low in SS, that's two generations of low SS along that line (not back to back). I'm concerned that If I use my new dog puppy, it'll come back to haunt me too!

Analeyn
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 3:58:47 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

IKR. I wouldn't ever use anything below 20SS but I was desperate to catch up lately. Im starting to rid of all my low SS now that Im financially stable and don't really care about winning. Also, I think World War created the new trend of low SS since he didn't have a 20, that was a bummer

Also btw everyone, I made a specialty on the 15th. 250 payout for BOB and 100 for WD and WB. I think we'll know the results since its our national judge as well, opps xD
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 5:08:36 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Low SS is interesting because it's not a clear trend - I do agree that if you let it get a 'toe-hold' it will hang around for a very long time.

It is worth it to play with a lower SS dog if s/he will introduce nice numbers into a trait or if they are a very good all-round producer - like the World dog.

As a breed, if we know where the lower SS hangs out, you can breed to it, just need to be careful of what else you have in the line.

K
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 2:02:13 AM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

Exactly. With careful management, low SS dogs that have nice traits can introduce positive changes into lines. I will just have to consider the impact of the low SS in future.

Thanks for your comments! happy :)

Analeyn
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 3:04:31 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Anoth o7 breaker! 97.20 male today out of Resident! Anyone else have any 97s
 Noveria
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 3:13:05 PM reply with quote send message to Noveria Object to Post

NICE! Looks like I'm falling behind again, no 97s yet for me!

EDIT: I'm not being sarcastic, LOL. Will be visiting your studs with my girls! Congrats. happy :)

-----
Last edited by Noveria on 9/3/2014 3:14:03 PM
 Vivente
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 3:34:13 PM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post

Ahh I'm jealous! I know who I will be breeding to soon happy :)

Em
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 7:11:03 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

you guys have great females though I never any great females just nice mails I'm definitely jealous of both of your Females!!!
 Vivente
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2014 4:37:33 PM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post

My Zunden boy is now up for stud, for those interested! 96.95 SOP with 10.2 gait for $50. I can't wait to see what he produces!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13352770

Em
 .Troubadour.
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2014 9:37:31 AM reply with quote send message to .Troubadour. Object to Post

Hey, guys! Long time, no see.

I've now fallen too far behind to really be able to catch up (I was already behind and not being able to breed for over a month finished me off). I've enjoyed Standards, but I'm not in the mood to start anything new, or even start over. Since I don't have anywhere near as much time as I used to, I just want to chill with my hounds.

I'm putting everything up for sale, if there's anything interesting y'all might be interested in wink ;).

It was great being apart of y'all! I would definitely come back to Std. Poodles sometime in the future.

Thanks for everything,
Alexandria
 Vivente
Basic User

Basic User
9/8/2014 7:49:03 PM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post

I'm sorry to see you go, Alexandria! Your line will live on a little longer through the two bitches I bought happy :)

On another note, I have a question for those that are trait breeding for gait (I remember a couple mentioned they are). I have been consistently producing 10.2s now, but I just got my first 10.1 today! I was thinking he is the first, but then I noticed his awesome father is the one that passed it on (I knew I bred to him for a reason! Lol thanks Truen). Other than Zen Master, has anyone else produced a 10.1 yet? I'm always looking for improvements! Anyways, here he is: www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13429807.

Needless to say, I'm pretty proud of him happy :) I am keeping him to show, as well as his 96.90 brother (although, I do have him up for sale on approval for if someone that will honestly finish him wants him. Just PM me and I will more than likely accept, as I don't normally keep two brothers from the same litter). I also have some higher SOP bitches for sale, if anyone is interested. I am starting to clear this kennel of my LH/SH dachshunds, so I am starting to gain momentum again!

Em

*ETA to actually add the question I meant to put the first time lol

-----
Last edited by Vivente on 9/8/2014 7:50:03 PM
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
9/9/2014 8:03:56 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

I often have 10.1s in gait. Here's a young guy I kept for that reason and he's just reached legal age happy :)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13355137

I know I have others in the kennel if you want to poke around and see where they came from.

K
 Vivente
Basic User

Basic User
9/9/2014 1:16:58 PM reply with quote send message to Vivente Object to Post

Awesome! I figured there must be more, but I didn't see any in the show ring or on the stud list, and I was too lazy to really go searching lol. I'll keep your boys in mind for future breedings happy :) I have a lot of 10.2s now and hardly keep any that don't unless their SOPs are high, but I got pretty excited about the 10.1!

Em
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/10/2014 9:39:57 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

A little bit of a brag:

My 97.05 girl got her CH at 17 days old, all with only 19 Obedience! She took 2 majors today resulting in her CH in 3 days! Ive never had that happen!

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 9/10/2014 9:43:15 AM

Replies in this thread : 176
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.