Search

.com Forum · Standard Poodle

Replies in this thread : 176
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
<< prev page next page >>

Shining Sun Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2014 5:29:00 PM reply with quote send message to Shining Sun Kennels Object to Post

Just put a BUNCH of pups up for sale! Reds, Apricots, Blues, Blacks, and a 96.05 Cafe au Lait boy! All 96+ SOP happy :)
 .Troubadour.
Basic User

Basic User
6/8/2014 3:31:50 PM reply with quote send message to .Troubadour. Object to Post

I have a couple of brags happy :)

The first is these two little Red girls...look at that wonderful coat!
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13216197
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13216194

I've put the second one up for sale, since I don't have the room, so, one lucky person has a chance at a nice coat! I'm hoping since they're both from the same litter, (and paired with a nice coated stud) they'll carry that trait happy :).

The other is kind of a sad brag...I hate SS at times! The "real" SOP is in the call name...
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13216157

Also, I have several others up for sale...all are 96+!

Alexandria
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
6/8/2014 10:48:35 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 6/17/2014 4:43:34 AM
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
6/8/2014 11:29:35 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 6/17/2014 4:38:58 AM
 Winter Heart
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2014 2:39:35 AM reply with quote send message to Winter Heart Object to Post

Tiny brag, but I just got my first homebred poodle champ. happy :)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13158330

Parents and grandparents are all Beach Dunes dogs, lol! Thank you for letting me have her mom. This girl finished with three majors (+1 point...).

Jessica
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2014 4:23:52 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Nudge nudge to Shining Sun - I have a lot of willing girls who want to take advantage of that lovely boy of yours!! Put him at at stud - pretty please?!
 Shining Sun Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2014 4:27:21 PM reply with quote send message to Shining Sun Kennels Object to Post

Sorry guys! Wasn't able to get on yesterday. But Z is now up for stud, with another BIS under his belt wink ;)

Hopefully he's as good of a sire as he is a show dog! laugh :D
 .Troubadour.
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2014 4:38:49 PM reply with quote send message to .Troubadour. Object to Post

Omg, dumb me! How did I get 96.75 and not 96.25, thanks for the correction, Hayley! Lol

Alexandria
 Rosá Forest Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2014 5:52:18 PM reply with quote send message to Rosá Forest Kennel Object to Post

Hey I love hiw everyone is communicating in this breed!happy :) I want to start up happy :) I will be upgrading soonhappy :) any advice about the SOP and showing and if anyone is willing to start me up in this breed?? that would be greathappy :) could you PM me happy :)

Think you

Rose x
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
6/13/2014 9:29:18 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Hey Rosa! I was going to inbox you but I'll answer here so everyone can see!

Everything I'm about to say is just my view on things and is not ' the law '

Community:

In my opinion, we are one of the friendliest groups out there. I, and everyone else ( I would hope ) are defiantly willing to help you out! We've gained a lot of players lately so I'm not completely sure about EVERYONE, but I would say everyone in the top 10 would be willing to help(:

Finishing / Placements:

I think any dog over 96.20 can be finished
Anything between 96.20 and 96.30 or 96.35 may take some work. However anything above 96.40 should finish with a breeze ( From what I have noticed ).Because the breed has so much competition, finishing is easy. It would seem harder since the breed has so many entries, but it really isn't. Plus there are at least 2 majors every night, sometimes 3 or 4, meaning even if you don't enter the huge numbers, you can still earn some points. We often place most of our dogs with judges that don't require handlers. We almost always place in group, sometimes in show. We have recently started to get higher placements, including some BISs!!!

Breeding:

I personally don't keep any male dog under 96.40 UNLESS they have a very nice trait that is not common. As far as girls go, I keep anything that I believe has nice traits that they can pass on, these girls are usually anywhere from 96.15 and up. Although many people keep lower broods and they produce just as well! Luckily, we have large litters, which enables us to progress quickly in SOP. We also have TONS of colors you can play around with. Creams and Blacks are the most common to win, including some Blues and Reds. Apricots follow behind. Other colors such as CAL, Silver Beige, White, ect, are a little behind in the SOP but are getting better! ( There are many color breeders who will work with you, I personally work on a side project of Whites and Browns ).

I know I'm missing more, but just let me know if you have any other questions! I have some litters dropping this weekend that Ill sort and inbox you about some future show or brood puppies(:
 Shining Sun Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2014 5:09:56 PM reply with quote send message to Shining Sun Kennels Object to Post

I'd be more than willing to supply you(and anyone else) with some broods and/or pups! happy :) I have several(9?) litters due on Tues. so I'll have TONS of pups and a few broods available. If you'd like me to put you on a "waiting list" for anything in particular, just let me know!

Also, in case anyone has one pop up, I'm looking for a couple nice Whites, Silvers, or Silver Beiges. They're the only colors I don't have present in my kennel, and my goal is to eventually have everything up to show quality. If anyone has a brood or pup they'd be willing to sell or lease, please PM me happy :)

And last but not least, THANK YOU to everyone who has bred to Z! I really hope he produces well for everyone happy :)

~Shimmer
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2014 9:26:40 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 6/17/2014 4:38:39 AM
 PPKeeshond
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2014 6:22:44 PM reply with quote send message to PPKeeshond Object to Post

Shimmer, I have a 96 White boy up for sale, if you're interested! I know it's not a high SOP, but it is pretty decent for Whites and he could produce well happy :)

Em
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2014 11:02:43 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 6/17/2014 4:38:23 AM
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2014 3:05:03 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 6/17/2014 4:38:09 AM
 Shining Sun Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2014 2:18:42 PM reply with quote send message to Shining Sun Kennels Object to Post

Absolutely ecstatic about the quality of pups I got in this batch! A 96.5, a 96.55, and TWO 96.6s!! Not only that, but they're gorgeous colors!

Cream girl out of Wolverine-
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13239376

Brown girl out of Wolverine-
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13239381

Apricot girl out of Z-
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13239359

Cream boy out of Z-
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13239342

Could not be happier!!

~Shimmerhappy :)
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2014 6:03:07 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

A moment in silence for this girl and the loss of her SS..... Cries...

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13232853

Im gonna hate these new dogs with these low SSs but awesome numbers...
 Shining Sun Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2014 8:57:12 PM reply with quote send message to Shining Sun Kennels Object to Post

At least it's a girl! She'll make a great brood happy :) I've found that low SS broods always produce excellent pups! Either way, she's got a great head! Seems like 10 heads are a lot easier to come by now wink ;)
 PPKeeshond
Basic User

Basic User
6/20/2014 1:19:56 PM reply with quote send message to PPKeeshond Object to Post

Congrats, Shining! My highest is still a 96.45, and that's just one! I'm happy to see some are males though, for when breeding time comes wink ;)

FYI I have a bunch of puppies up for sale, including the white boy! I like to FH those that I don't plan on keeping by 5 days or so, so they are welcome to anyone. They are mainly 96.30 bitches who would make nice broods and/or have nice traits, but I don't have room for them with two breeds in this kennel. The white boy is a 96 SOP, which is nice if you are looking for that color.

Em
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
6/20/2014 8:40:55 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Fabulous to see the progress in Standards - WOW just WOW!

Great work everyone - what an awesome community we have!

cheers,
Kathy

Replies in this thread : 176
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.