Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Looking For Breeds...
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/23/2014 10:42:07 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

...to work on for my Homebred CH in Every Breed program. Right now, I only need one breed, but will take several suggestions to think on. Person suggesting the breed must be willing to provide a bitch that will produce a dog that'll be able to finish. I'd like a breed that would be fairly easy to finish (nothing rare, and nothing overly competitive) but if you can convince me to take it, I will wink ;).

The breeds I've done are on my page, but I'll put them here as well wink ;)

Afghan
Dachshund
Dandy Dinmont Terrier
Scottish Terrier
Standard Poodle
Yorkshire Terrier

I tried getting a Rottie and a Dobe, since I had those previously in my other kennel, but they didn't work out, so I don't want to try them again for a while. I've got Shelties covered, since I also have those in my other kennel.

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 6/23/2014 10:58:29 PM
 Sun Dale
Basic User

Basic User
6/23/2014 11:15:55 PM reply with quote send message to Sun Dale Object to Post

What about Newfoundlands? I have a couple of females up for sale right now.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 5:41:12 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I have either a Toller or GWP bitch I could give you. The GWP would be super easy- I'm breeding 94+, there are still mid 93s being shown (occasionally a bit higher).
 Artesia
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 11:57:00 AM reply with quote send message to Artesia Object to Post

I have this Newf Bitch, she just produced a 95.8 puppy.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=12996114
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 2:37:38 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

Why not clumbers? I have a few breeding-age and puppy girls I can give you to start with. High SOP is low 92's, and show SOP is 91's. I still show my 90.95 boy and he wins and gets points on occasion.

--Windy
 PPKeeshond
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 3:49:34 PM reply with quote send message to PPKeeshond Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I can help you with either Keeshonds, Bull Terriers, or Portuguese Water Dogs wink ;)

Em

-----
Last edited by PPKeeshond on 6/24/2014 4:05:53 PM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 6:33:32 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Oooooh, and how do I ever pick...

Maybe I need TWO breeds to work on right now...I'm gonna think about it tonight and give my answer tomorrow night wink ;)

Alexandria
 Sierra R Herders
Basic User

Basic User
6/24/2014 7:51:51 PM reply with quote send message to Sierra R Herders Object to Post

How about collies?

Right now anything 92 on up will finish. I have a few proven breedable girls i can lease out. These are in the 92 sop range and have produced 92+ sop's in the past.

Becky
 bradleydaniel
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2014 1:29:40 AM reply with quote send message to bradleydaniel Object to Post

posted by Sun Dale
What about Newfoundlands? I have a couple of females up for sale right now.
I've got some better news for them.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2014 8:23:40 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

I apologize for not posting this last night. But, the two breeds I've decided on for now are…

Australian Shepherd
Portuguese Water Dog

To those I didn't pick, I definitely want to try Newfies and Tollers as my next two, after these are crossed off happy :)

Thanks, everybody! laugh :D
Alexandria
 Stephval Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2014 10:37:38 AM reply with quote send message to Stephval Kennels Object to Post

If you need PWD broods, I have four bitches you can have, if interested.
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/27/2014 7:30:27 AM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Im actually interested in Tollers or GWP. wink ;) Lol.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.