Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Looking for a Breed
 Pearl City
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/1/2014 6:12:53 PM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post   

I'm looking for a breed where they are competitive in the ring (group placements is a must). I already tried Dobes, Danes, Borzoi, and Std. Poodles and while I was able to get Champions among these breeds, I was bored and barely progressed from what my goal was. I have Aussies, my maim breed, and JRT, which I might make official too.
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2014 6:28:58 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

A few breeds I were in and REALLY enjoyed were
Labs
Boxers
Goldens

Just to toss a couple out. I intend to get back into Boxers asap. happy :)
 Mellenacht
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2014 6:46:29 PM reply with quote send message to Mellenacht Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I second labs! Sibes or Akitas might be an option as well. Both sibes and labs are show/group placers and Akitas do place in group often enough. Let me know if you're interested in any of them and I can help get you started!

-Emma

-----
Last edited by Mellenacht on 7/1/2014 6:46:44 PM

-----
Last edited by Mellenacht on 7/1/2014 6:46:59 PM
 Crema Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2014 7:20:36 PM reply with quote send message to Crema Kennels Object to Post

come to goldens I have a cheap liquidation sale going on look through my kennel SALE is marked as call name on those available, some pups, some champions, and some pregnant dams. high SOP and consistently winning the last three night I have finished 5
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/2/2014 8:15:22 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Have you thought about Afghans? We get group placements in pretty much every show and have gotten 4th in show fairly regularly. We're in the top 20, I believe we're at 15 right now. It's a beautiful breed and all the breeders are friendly happy :). I don't have any show prospects at the minute, because I need some myself, but I do have a few litters due really late tonight, so I could keep you in mind, if you're interested wink ;).

Alexandria
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
7/2/2014 8:30:10 PM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

I will check them out individually. I can take up to three more breeds in this kennel. Sines and Akitas are out tho, I heard they take way to long to session. I finished a Sibe a long time ago, but I can't remember if the breed takes a while.
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2014 1:54:11 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

Akitas take a bit to session, but I haven't had too much trouble showing/sessioning them to really make an impact. Danes can take a while to session, too.
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2014 11:43:57 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

Keep suggesting! I've checked the breeds individually and none of them excites me.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.