Replies in this thread : 75
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 4:50:04 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

For awhile the game was broken to allow more than 10 litters, it should automatically prevent that now, or abort the extras but if it isn't. that needs to be reported directly to Jeff.

My guess is this user is not hacking. There are several different loopholes in the game that would allow this sort of behavior, but none of them are using those functions in their intended manor and on this scale, definitely constitutes cheating.

ETA- Even with extra purchased kennel slots the max number of dogs any user can have and still be able to enter new shows is 35. You can not buy infinite kennel slots, only up to 35 and then you're done.

-----
Last edited by Lilliput on 7/8/2014 4:51:12 PM
 Warhead
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 6:53:30 PM reply with quote send message to Warhead Object to Post

This has been reported multiple times and nothing has ever happened.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 7:17:14 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I'm not defending it, it looks suspicious at the very least. I'm saying, focusing on what is truly against the rules, and documenting it, along with directly messaging Jeff as he checks messages more than the forums is most likely to bring about results.
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/8/2014 9:21:49 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Yes, we have addressed Jeff about this both with messages and forum posts.

PLEASE do not think I am bashing Jeff because I am not. I know he had done something about her once before but she is back at it and I cannot honestly remember that she ever really stopped. I know Jeff has a very busy life but this has been going on for so long. I would understand if I was complaining about something that was mediocre but im not the only one with this complaint.

People outside the breed also see that something is very wrong.

As for how she is doing it, I have figured it out already.

Here is it broken down;
A couple hours before a litter turns 14 days and is technically an adult, she will FH many bitches to make room, enter shows and do more breedings. Before the time is up and a forever home cannot be reversed, she is "unFHing" them. Allowing her to be over limit, show and breed.

Granted, that isnt exactly BREAKING rules as there is no law against it, but it is still very unfair and abusive to the system and it's players.

-Four
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/8/2014 9:34:11 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

This is what I mean. Took screen shots for proof. A couple hours ago. There were FAR less dogs. Notice all the litters coming up. Check her entries also.

i60.tinypic.com/8x546q.jpg
i62.tinypic.com/6i6137.jpg

-----
Last edited by Fourlorn on 7/8/2014 9:37:14 PM
 .Troubadour.
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2014 11:28:06 PM reply with quote send message to .Troubadour. Object to Post

Bad guys never change. They always keep doing what they want, with small spaces where they go right for about two breaths.

I understand how easy it is to get overlimit...I have 2 or 3 right now I need to weed out (actually, a whole breed is going by tomorrow night), but it is possible! And I can't imagine her food bill...I went out of town for 10 days rather unexpectedly...had over 50 dogs when I came back, and the food bill was around $120...that was a mess to clean up!

Alexandria
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 9:45:20 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Should be an easy coding fix to limit the number of undo FHs - one a day would be lots for most of us.

Good job figuring this out Four!

K
 .Troubadour.
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 10:27:21 AM reply with quote send message to .Troubadour. Object to Post

Or maybe that we could have something similar to the breeding...once we have 10, we can't breed anymore. If we're at 30 dogs (or more), we can't unFH?

Alexandria
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/9/2014 12:18:19 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Possibly.

I think the feature needs to be removed entirely. I know I do not use it myself and I personally see its abused anyway. We could just go back to the old, foolproof system and ask Jeff to undo a mistake. I know this is straining on him, but it worked.

That or serious rules set for it. Im not sure, just want it to stop.

-Four
 linlin23
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 12:42:17 PM reply with quote send message to linlin23 Object to Post

I think a small fee to unFH (or to unFH more than X amount of times) would be reasonable.

Say the fee is $20 each time. I counted 76 adults and 32 puppies in the screenshot Four provided. To keep 76 dogs, a player would have to FH and un FH 46 dogs. 46 x 20= 920

At almost $1,000SD, not even including the puppies, I think this might be enough money to discourage it, or at least slow it down.

However, for your typical player, $20 isn't too bad. It's cheaper than buying a new dog in sales for $20.
 Taranis
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 1:03:51 PM reply with quote send message to Taranis Object to Post

While I can totally see what is going on here is wrong, I'm not sure penalising the ENTIRE userbase because of ONE person is really the right thing to do. A lot of us FH dogs by accident, or change our minds, and shouldn't have the option to reverse that mistake taken away just because one person abuses it. Especially since for a lot of players in less popular breeds $20 IS quite a lot.

A more balanced reaction would be to only have the unFH option available if it doesn't take you over your kennel limit? So if you have 30 dogs, you can't undo any FH's. If you have 29, then you can undo one, and so on. If a bitch is pregnant when she's FHed, and unFHing her would take you over your pregnancy limit, then her pregnancy is terminated as part of the process.

I'd even support having show entries withdrawn automatically if you're over your kennel limit for several days. Not immediately, because people don't necessarily log into their account the very minute they go over their limit, but if you're over your limit for several days running and haven't done anything about it, getting your show entries withdrawn seems fair.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 2:04:27 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I'm not wild about a fee, or about removing the feature altogether, but think limiting it in some way is a good idea.

Either you can only have X many un-do FH usages a day, or that you can not do it to take you over the limit (or more than 5 over or something- there are sometimes instances when a kennel may choose to go a bit over for some reason)

My one concern with the limit- I often, after a batch of litters, let my kennel go WAY over in the new puppies and then go through and do a huge cull when I have time.

I tend to keep my adults right at the limit, so adults plus pups can equal twice that sometimes. And you can imagine, culling 20 or 30 dogs at once, sometimes leads to mistakes, or re-evaluations. I'd be fine with no being allowed to reverse FH on those dogs until after my kennel is back under the limit, since a cull can be done in the 2 hour window. But DO want to be able to reverse it once I am back under the number happy :)
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/9/2014 4:36:17 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

The way Taranis and Lilliput explained it was spot on. I could very easily support that feature.

-Four
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2014 7:01:59 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Yep - there's the fair solution.

K
 Solimar
Basic User

Basic User
7/10/2014 10:18:59 PM reply with quote send message to Solimar Object to Post

I have an empty kennel. I think I shall take a crack at Dobermans again. By Christmas, the rankings should look a little different.

Will
 Solar Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/10/2014 10:53:41 PM reply with quote send message to Solar Wind Kennels Object to Post

Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2014 9:26:56 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

I don't support the above, I don't want to be punished for what another player did. It's called banning the person. Done deal, call up Jeff or something, get him to ban the person but don't try to force up a feature because you have one person abusing it.

Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2014 11:33:07 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Punish the "criminal"!

I am always, always, against changes that affect everyone in order to curb the behavior of a very small number of users who abuse any feature.

The Undo was added for a reason. It's regressive to remove or restrict it now. I use it fairly often I admit and more than once in a session. I might use it 3 or 4 times, I might even FH, Undo, and FH the same dog.

It is up to Admin to chastise blatant abusers and then if that does not work, taking further action. Perhaps suspending the FH/Undo for that user for a period time would be appropriate.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/11/2014 11:36:40 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Punish the "criminal"!

That was me - dang logouts!

Gotta learn to type faster and/or not be so verbose!
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/11/2014 1:54:58 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

WELCOME ABOARD WILL! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 75
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.