Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : I need a new breed please
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/31/2014 1:33:33 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post   

I'd like something fairly competitive where stud fees aren't too high & group placings are attainable.

I also like helping breeds in need, but don't want to be like the only one doing them.

Any suggestions?
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2014 3:17:24 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

Jack Russell Terriers. They fit your description perfectly. The breed is fairly competitive winning group placements and the occasional 3rd, 4th in show. An array of colors to work with and stud fees no higher than $100. A small breed with less than 10 really active breeders. I myself, just started in the breed and while I'm doing very well in the breed. I have very limited bitches to give away, you would have to contact Myatt or Ruby, or any of them to provide you with stock. Check the breed out!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2014 6:56:41 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Gordon Setters are a blast! We don't have many breeders, but everyone I have encountered is very helpful and nice. We can get all the way up to BiS under one judge, and group placements under others.

Our highest sop is 93.9, but all the way down to 92.7 is still finishing pretty easily. We only have the one color, so no need to breed for lost colors here! laugh :D
 Willowcreek
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2014 10:49:37 AM reply with quote send message to Willowcreek Object to Post

Come check out Shelties! We get group wins, placements and show placements quite often. The studs are al pretty reasonable between 25-100. And there are always nice dogs for sale.

The highest sop I think is around 93.4 but high 92's are still easy to finish, we'd love to have more breeders and entries though.

There is also the opportunity to color breed, though im to sure if anyone is currently doing it anymore.
 TriStar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2014 10:51:44 AM reply with quote send message to TriStar Kennels Object to Post

English setters could definitely use more players. We are starting to get group placements more often and have had a couple BiS wins too.

There have been a couple of people leave the game recently that both had ES, so were down a some players.

Anything mid 92 and up is finishable. I'd be happy to get you some nice ones to start with.
 Grazioso Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2014 3:55:16 PM reply with quote send message to Grazioso Kennel Object to Post

I have German Shepherd Dog's, German Pinscher's and Boston Terriers. Boston's are more on the rare side and I'm not sure how many kennels show since I'm currently bringing back red and white from source dogs, but the other two are fairly competitive. German Pinschers tend to not get any group placings just due to not being as high in SOP but the breeders are very friendly and the show ring is often very full! GSD's are competitive and could probably place in group, but the breeders tend to keep to themselves.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, or if you need some help getting some stock because I'm bound to have some that I can either sell or lease to you to help get you started.
- Grazioso happy :)
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2014 5:55:26 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

Smooth Fox Terriers can use a new face. I only came back a few weeks ago and maybe 2 or 3 people are showing. Group placements are fairly common and all studs are $25-$50 (except for 1 listed).
I have finished two 92+ SOPs with no problem but I know a few 92.55s+ are floating around so it's progressing rather quickly.
 Sarangrave
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2014 8:30:35 PM reply with quote send message to Sarangrave Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

A few of us have decided we are going to jump in and start Portugese Pointers, in order to give them a good push. Would love you to join with us. Once we get going it will be freindly competitve.

I will be playing them in my Saragrave kennel happy :)

We used to play them about 4 years ago.

Would you be keen to give them a go again?

Sarangrave

-----
Last edited by Sarangrave on 7/31/2014 8:31:43 PM
 Featherrun
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 3:21:22 PM reply with quote send message to Featherrun Object to Post

Pyr Sheps could use some help. Just bred the first 90, so they will be getting competitive.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13351862
 Hazygate
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2014 8:37:35 AM reply with quote send message to Hazygate Object to Post

Things are realllllly quiet in Chinese Cresteds lately, and Pomeranians. Group wins are very possible with either, stud fees reasonable as well as dogs for sale.
 Doggone Good
Basic User

Basic User
8/8/2014 1:05:51 PM reply with quote send message to Doggone Good Object to Post

Standard poodles...grp and show placings often and majors generally every night.
 BeddiZ
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/28/2014 6:29:06 PM reply with quote send message to BeddiZ Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Bedlington Terriers! Only two breeders on here that shows, many studs available. Started to get group placing now etc (:

-----
Last edited by dispatch on 8/29/2014 8:34:41 AM
 CashmereKnl
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2014 5:04:45 PM reply with quote send message to CashmereKnl Object to Post

Pugs! We need a lot of help!
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/12/2014 11:39:10 AM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

come on over to am staff world.
 Halcyon Delight
Basic User

Basic User
9/13/2014 8:31:43 AM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Delight Object to Post

I took JRT's on in that kennel in the end. Thank you all for your suggestions & to all in Jack Russell's for being so helpful & welcoming
 steffiebaby140
Basic User

Basic User
9/13/2014 9:25:00 AM reply with quote send message to steffiebaby140 Object to Post

I would second the suggestion for Gordons, they were recommended to me when I came back and everyone has been very helpful. Lots of good, showable puppies available. Good stud fees. Very friendly. I haven't shown yet, but close lol.

I am also in Collies. Very similar to Gordons. The SOP range is about the same, the highest I've seen is 93.95. A handful of dedicated breeders but finishing seems to be fairly easy, though you might occasionally have to double book a show to make it a major.

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.