Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Spending spree
 Crowflies
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/2/2014 2:19:48 PM reply with quote send message to Crowflies Object to Post   

This kennel bought 2 dogs from me so I looked up the kennel and WOOOOOOOAAAHHHH!!!!! They've been on a spending spree. I think there's a glitch here!

www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Rickshaw
 Taranis
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 2:33:51 PM reply with quote send message to Taranis Object to Post

Possibly not... puppies don't count towards the kennel limit, so it's not like the game would stop them buying all those dogs (which are mostly 11 days old or younger). What they have done is spent ALL their money, though, I would think.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 3:03:23 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Oh wow... This sounds selfish but that sucks if this person bought any very nice dogs from kennels and will have to FH them D:
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 3:48:26 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

What is even more selfish is being slightly ok with the dogs going there. My Gordon Setters were finishable, but I have too many dogs to session. I'm just glad someone bought them. It's helping some accounts out, I know that $300 helped me out!

ETA: holy cow! They didn't have that many puppies earlier!

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 9/2/2014 3:49:16 PM
 ruthlessHavoc
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/2/2014 3:53:34 PM reply with quote send message to ruthlessHavoc Object to Post

It seems they would have paid over $11k, if each puppy was at least $100? Is this even possible as a member for only one day with a starting salary of $2.5-5k? I thought a negative balance prohibits you from buying more dogs, though I could be mistaken.
 Readystep
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 4:56:48 PM reply with quote send message to Readystep Object to Post

I wish they would buy some puppies from me lol, they are not good puppies but I could hold more shows happy :)
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2014 5:00:38 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Hehehe - nice to see some sales - always good for the economy.

Happy to see my puppy sold to cover today's food bill!

K
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/3/2014 5:49:59 AM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

I know between my 5 kennels, I personally made about $650 off of him. happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 6:27:08 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Wow - theres already over 120 dogs that they have bought!
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 6:34:06 AM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

Bought two from me. The money is nice, but I hope that they just aren't wasted pups.
 Sardonyx
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 10:34:20 AM reply with quote send message to Sardonyx Object to Post

Over my many kennels, they've bought about 20. I suppose we have to say to ourselves that money makes the dog world go around!!
 BaskervilleII
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 10:42:36 AM reply with quote send message to BaskervilleII Object to Post

Bought about a dozen total in all my kennels
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2014 11:36:43 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I sold three. Two were finishable, but with how low dog sales are, I'm just happy for the money. happy :)

There are 6 adults in the kennel now, so I think the government handout is over. sad :( lol
 Dream What May
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/28/2014 11:24:12 PM reply with quote send message to Dream What May Object to Post

posted by ruthlessHavoc
It seems they would have paid over $11k, if each puppy was at least $100? Is this even possible as a member for only one day with a starting salary of $2.5-5k? I thought a negative balance prohibits you from buying more dogs, though I could be mistaken.
A negative balance only prohibits you if you have to make an offer on a puppy or dog, if it's on auto sale then you can buy them now matter what your balance is. I always look first to see how many a kennel has and if it's something that i would normally keep or want in a good home it's on approval only. I've lost too many dogs over the years to take chances anymore, or pay the $300 to reclaim it when the kennel gets abandoned.

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.