.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 32
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Question for Admin and Members
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/29/2014 5:22:14 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post   

So, in the past, we have had resets. All SOP values were reset when a dog reaches 100%.

My question, what will happen when the current breeds reach that level? Being as they are awful close, I was just curious what the plan would be?

-Four
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2014 7:30:23 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I was here for the first reset, and addition of the decimals ... It was a Dane that got to 100%, if I remember correctly.

Interested to see who does it this time. happy :)
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2014 9:24:41 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I believe after the last reset admin said there would not be another one....which I guess would mean that eventually showdog would 'shut down' because there is nothing to strive for if 100 is perfect...just a thought.

I believe the Borzoi's are in the high 97's....but I'm not a Borzoi person, just some I have seen. They could be higher.
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2014 10:16:50 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

I have a 98.4 dane, but I think it'll still be a while before we get close to 100 SOP..
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2014 10:18:25 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

And this is the dane that caused the reset last time (hence the call name of "Reset"wink ;)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=2519742

-----
Last edited by Super Uber Kennels on 10/29/2014 10:18:37 PM
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2014 10:24:04 PM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

I was here for the second reset, I think around 2010/2011, can't really remember when exactly it happen. But I know it was a Golden Retriever that caused it!
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/29/2014 10:26:40 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Ah, the infamous Reset. Haha. I believe it will be Danes again that do it.

I was curious what would happen. So, basically the theory is that show dog would have run its course? Considering 100 is perfect, it would leave nothing to build goals for. I sure hope that isn't the case. I wouldn't mind another reset back to when decimals were first implemented before I would see showdog go down. Meh.

Waiting to hear from Jeff.
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2014 11:35:54 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

posted by Fourlorn
Ah, the infamous Reset. Haha. I believe it will be Danes again that do it.

I was curious what would happen. So, basically the theory is that show dog would have run its course? Considering 100 is perfect, it would leave nothing to build goals for. I sure hope that isn't the case. I wouldn't mind another reset back to when decimals were first implemented before I would see showdog go down. Meh.

Waiting to hear from Jeff.

I agree. I love showdog and dread the idea that it's possibly nearing the end.
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/30/2014 12:29:40 AM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

couldn't it just go past 100? Im finally figuring out whats going on around here and working on catching the other am staff breeders so for me it wouldn't suck to bad but if I was around for 10 years and all of a sudden was in the same place as all the new people i would probably be slightly irritated.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 1:21:32 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

What a beautiful boy. I remember him! lol
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 3:43:41 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I believe the idea was that with the last reset the game was "fixed" so that 100 can NEVER be achieved. You can get close, but you won't ever reach it. It may happen that our view of the stats is adjusted slightly again (sort of like the difference between "old stats" and "new stats" but we apparently don't need to worry about actually hitting 100, at least not for a very, very long time in the future because of the number of hidden decimals...
 Druid
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 2:53:14 PM reply with quote send message to Druid Object to Post

I've been here for all of the 'resets' and I think I remember it being stated that if it got close to 100 another decimal point would be added. Won't make a dramatic change to things but will lower SOPs again as bit when you start rounding out another point.
 . Honor
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 5:48:30 PM reply with quote send message to . Honor  Object to Post

I am hopeful for another decimal point myself. Kudos to those who are closing in on the 100 mark, but those of us still in the 70s and 80s are never going to see that! Lol.

Id still take another decimal over letting it go.

-Four
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
10/30/2014 6:31:11 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

There are no plans for any resets.
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 7:01:27 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

posted by admin
There are no plans for any resets.
So does this mean that when 100 is reached that it will be the beginning of the end for Showdog?
 Tikopin
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 7:21:27 PM reply with quote send message to Tikopin Object to Post

A reset would not be fair to the rarer dogs. Dog breeds where they are 95+ should be done only.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

10/30/2014 7:36:35 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Please don't read anything more into it than there are not plans for a rating reset at this time.

Even the idea of it hadn't crossed my mind until this thread. It's not something I'm doing any time soon.
 . Honor
Basic User

Basic User
10/30/2014 8:29:28 PM reply with quote send message to . Honor  Object to Post

...it was just a question. Some of us have a real concern about the future of a game we pay money to play. :/

Apologies, I didn't realize that it was a sensitive subject.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2014 12:44:56 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I, too, would hope for a more 'fair' reset if one were to occur. I just hit 88 in one breed and 92 in another. A reset would be detrimental and the higher breeds would be that much further ahead.
I can see how 100 would be hard to achieve given all the hidden decimal points, hopefully it's not something we will have to deal with in the near future. I would like a chance to catch the higher breeds happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2014 4:43:31 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I could be wrong but I thought that the last reset when the concept of 'old' and 'new' rates was introduced the need for any 'reset' was eliminated as the 'new' numbers are relative to the overall quality of all dogs.

In theory, if that 100 was reached it wouldn't really matter. I'm not sure how that would play out but that was my understanding.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

10/31/2014 5:20:52 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

. Honor if I'm not direct and clear on these types of subjects they get twisted into something I didn't say.

Regarding the future of the game, without fail reset of stats and added decimals results in a drop in active user count.

Replies in this thread : 32
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.