Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : Rare Breeds
 Pearl City
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/2/2015 12:47:54 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I was reading a post and it got me thinking, Admin, how many breeds only have one or two or even zero breeders in the game and what are those breeds? Is there still a "Rare Breed Account" or is it long gone?

-----
Last edited by Pearl City on 1/2/2015 12:48:24 AM
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2015 7:04:38 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Breeds with 3 breeders = Spinone Italiano, American Water Spaniel, Canaan Dog, Lagotto Romagnolo, American Foxhound, Scottish Terrier, Giant Schnauzer, Papillon, Welsh Terrier, Toy Poodle, Grand Basset Griffon Vendéen, Belgian Sheepdog, Plott, Briard, Dogue de Bordeaux, Kuvasz, Norfolk Terrier, Border Terrier,

Breeds with 2 breeders = Bergamasco, Havanese, Spanish Water Dog, Wirehaired Pointing Griffon, Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Appenzeller Sennenhund, Maltese, Standard Schnauzer,

Breeds with 1 or 0 breeder = 0

Huskies have the most with 47
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2015 8:40:21 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I'm in Pumis and South African Boerboels and I'm the only active breeder in Pumis (but in 2 kennels) and one of 2 or 3 in Boers

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 1/2/2015 8:42:05 PM
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2015 10:52:48 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

PPval - your totals are based on the number of breeders listed on the top part of the breed information page - these dont reflect the true # of 'active' breeders.

For instance - Havanese have only ONE active breeder.

Its better to look at the 'Breeder directory' link at the bottom right of the breed info page happy :)
 Westlea
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2015 1:07:44 AM reply with quote send message to Westlea Object to Post

I'm the only active breeder in Maltese. Certainly could use some more . . . happy :)

Westlea
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2015 4:44:26 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

posted by Quileute Legends
PPval - your totals are based on the number of breeders listed on the top part of the breed information page - these dont reflect the true # of 'active' breeders.

Its better to look at the 'Breeder directory' link at the bottom right of the breed info page happy :)

YES, exactly this, I wanted to add it myself but you did it first than me. I really did wished it only counted breeders who are active with more than 5 dogs of the same breed in the kennel. Oh well.

I was considered* selling all of my JRT stock, to get on the rare breed bandwagon. I will look into the breeds, and have my pick. I really want to help.

* I pulled the plug and did it.

-----
Last edited by Pearl City on 1/3/2015 4:45:28 AM
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2015 10:55:28 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

posted by Quileute Legends

Yes the breed directory link for some breed may have more breeders listed than the breeders stat, however the first few I checked they were the same except for havanese so to save hours I went with The breeders stat.
havanese have 3 listed for breeders, yet the breed directory has 4 breeders listed but as admin hasn't answered and I can't imagin anyone going threw all the breeds and counting how many are on the breed directory list (which will show any one who just owns 1 dog) that's the best list there going to get, it may not be accurate for all breed but will be for most.

Doesn't matter how many dogs a player has as long as they have a dog of that breed and there kennel isn't dormant (so doesn't appear on the breeders list) they are a player in that breed.

-----
Last edited by PPvallhunds on 1/4/2015 11:01:27 AM
 Go Direct Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2015 8:23:24 PM reply with quote send message to Go Direct Kennels Object to Post

mini poodles only have 2 and apso's only have 3 with very little ring participation. Some of those breeder are using source breeding stock, and finishing dogs...
 RobinWhiskers
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2015 3:00:47 PM reply with quote send message to RobinWhiskers Object to Post

My Wire Fox Terrier bitch Sunshine will whelp on Monday, February 16th if you're interested.
 Chiddingfold kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2015 8:01:21 AM reply with quote send message to Chiddingfold kennels Object to Post

Manchester terriers only have one breeder who is now just breeding jack russles so Manchester terriers there are none left me and my partner have started off with starter dogs to try and bring them back
 BlackFrost
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2015 2:50:52 PM reply with quote send message to BlackFrost Object to Post

Alaskan Klee Kais only have 3 active breeders and could certainly use more bloodlines in the breed.
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2015 4:32:46 PM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

Giant Schnauzers only have 2 breeders
 Sombra Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2015 11:20:59 PM reply with quote send message to Sombra Kennels Object to Post

I am the only active person in Briards that I'm aware of. I think there are only two of us in Black and Tan Coonhounds.
 Trip
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/1/2015 9:20:08 AM reply with quote send message to Trip Object to Post

I'm the only active breeder in Havanese, and it's been tough trying to get dogs to work with, I am stuck breeding source dogs to studs I find by hunting. sad :(
 Go Direct Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/1/2015 11:24:53 AM reply with quote send message to Go Direct Kennels Object to Post

I know if you made a rare breed account back in the day it can still be used for that breed. I signed into one of mine not that long ago. I didn't upgrade though. I chose to upgrade another kennel because due to the lack of participation in those rarer breeds, you can easily manage 2 breeds in one kennel. Although many of my kennels have/had "rare" breeds in them.
 Wyvern
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/1/2015 7:34:58 PM reply with quote send message to Wyvern Object to Post

Right now there are only 2 active breeders in Norwegian Elkhounds. And I even managed to get a Fourth In Show at the Feb. World Cup with an Elkhound!

Would sure like more players though.

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.