Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 13

Author Topic : Group Shows
 S. B. G. Chow Chows
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/26/2015 10:59:26 PM reply with quote send message to S. B. G. Chow Chows Object to Post   

I thought about for a while. there are three types of conformation events. All breed, specialty and group shows. The first 2 are on Showdog.com, the latter is not. Was wondering if it made any sense to have this type of show on here.
 Disclosure
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 7:54:33 AM reply with quote send message to Disclosure Object to Post

What do you mean by "group shows"?
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 8:00:12 AM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

Would love to see group shows! A group show is just that, only dogs in that group compete - Sporting, Terrier, etc. Best in Show is the Group One winner.
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 12:17:03 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I also would love to see that! As an owner of working/herding dogs over the years I've always been a part of working and/or herding clubs.

I'd love to see more variety of specialty shows. It might benefit less popular breeds as well.
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 1:09:19 PM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post

I think this would be a great addition! I've always wondered about what it would be like to implement this.

Taylor
 Secret Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 1:23:19 PM reply with quote send message to Secret Kennels Object to Post

I've wondered why they've never had these before actually. I've entered many group shows in real life, and would be very happy to see them here as well!
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 4:58:28 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I would LOVE to have this. Not to steal your idea, but Im going to make a poll of this!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 5:53:30 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Stupid question, but what are group shows? I'm not in the dog showing world IRL, so I'm completely clueless as to what this is.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 6:30:55 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Its like a specialty mixed with all-breed. It's when only dogs of a certain group can enter

So if it was a hound-group show

ONLY hounds can enter. No other breeds.
 Solimar
Basic User

Basic User
1/27/2015 8:15:43 PM reply with quote send message to Solimar Object to Post

We can't fill the calendar with regular shows and specialties are barely sponsored or entered.... I don't see the benefit of adding group shows.

Will
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2015 1:50:11 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I think group shows might actually help the entries in a way. Something new might attract attention. Maybe take away one all breed a night for a group show?
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2015 10:33:02 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Ok, that's what it was in my mind. Thank you. happy :)

Basic User

Basic User
1/28/2015 1:56:24 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Group Shows have been discussed before and I even think we got an "ok" from Admin but that was a while ago. It won't hurt to give him a gentle reminder.

Group Shows, for the non-RL-showdog types is as has been said, a specialty show limited to the breeds in that group.

These shows work just like a regular all-breed but first in group is automatically Best in Specialty Show. (Minimal programming effort.)

I've seen specialties for setters, spaniels (American Spaniel Club, ASC for cockers), Poodles, and sight hounds - just however the breed clubs are aligned. I'm not advocating that we go this far at this point but Group Specialties, most definitely.

The big plus I see right away is that it gives those breeds who lack the entries (minimum 10) to make a single breed specialty work, some of the rarer breeds, an extra show and bragging rights for having won big.
 Blue Water
Basic User

Basic User
2/8/2015 5:31:35 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Water Object to Post

I would love these type of shows, and would like to sponsor and compete in some if they are implemented.

Replies in this thread : 13

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing