Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Group specific clubs
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/30/2015 10:06:38 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post   

Basically, it's a breakdown into the groups;
Herding
Sporting
Working
Toy
Non-sporting
Hound
Terrier
Someone before mentioned group shows, which I personally love the idea of and would love to see get some serious attention. However, what if we had specific group clubs for these shows. A grouping of people whom, if they're willing, would be members for the club and help host the specialties? Other things could benefit from the attraction of group clubs also. For example;
-Group dog rankings. (#1 working dog on SD for January 2014)
-Breeder of merits. (Club member whom has finished the most dogs that month).
-Litter ads
-New breeder advice/tips

Just an idea I tossed around. I'd be happy to hear more input or suggestions and of course, we would have breed representatives. (Dobe rep, GSD rep, etc).

Anyone? Feedback? Input? Suggestions?

-Four
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2015 10:12:30 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I think it could be a fun idea, especially if it would help get group specialties. I remember back in the day there were all kinds of breed clubs in SD.
I like the idea of getting more awards, just something to strive for, not necessarily get anything, just the recognition.

I think that everyone should be welcome who wants to though, not just one person per breed.
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2015 11:22:15 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I think this is great! I have been trying to put together stuff for breed clubs, but sometimes interest just doesn't generate. Perhaps this would help that too.

I am down for it all. I will be a breed rep, happy to help host specialties, and happy to help in any other aspect.
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/31/2015 8:04:52 AM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Oh noooo! Of course everyone would be welcome! I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like one person per breed. No...

For example:
The Working Dog Allegience - All working dog breeders.

But then have badges and things for specific awards that could be earned. I would not expect Jeff to supply the badges for these awards but rather the club In itself design and supply the awards to be displayed on the members kennel pages.

Awards like;
Most notable working dog of January
Breeder of the month
Monthly specialty winner
Money awards would also be an option

Ten the working club could break it down further if they wanted with each breed having its own type of "parent club" where there would be a;
#1 Dobe of the month
#1 Dane of the month

There could also be advertisement links for each breed for kennels who wouldn't mind paying a donation fee to represented...lets just say...$200 donated to have a kennel ad on the club site. That $200 would go toward then sponsorship of new shows and awards. In return, the kennel would see more;
Sales
Stud fees
Overall recognition
Etc

I hope that made sense.
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/31/2015 8:08:09 AM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

My theory behind this was to give people something else to go for. We already have merit awards, the 10 year anniversary badges and so forth but this would give people a sense of belonging, accomplishments and at the same time, hopefully make it more realistic and enjoyable overall for the members.

This would all be reliant on whether or not Jeff allowed the group specific shows.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
1/31/2015 1:27:54 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

We use to do things like that inthe sd vallhund club, breeder or the month comp, highest sop award, top kennels ect. But it was alot of work and that was just with one breed so I'd imagin it would be a huge task with a group club so you would need to find people who have the time.
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/31/2015 3:53:53 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

I would be willing to design appropriate awards graphics etc.

Also am on every day, several times a day so would be willing to actively help especially in herding and working groups as those are my breeds.
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
1/31/2015 5:28:04 PM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

this post has been edited 5 time(s)

Was playing around with graphics. Could do something like this. Would just need the group reps to let me know who needed ribbons.

I give up... can't get them to show up for some reason.

anyway, these are just ideas, I can do badges, award certificates, whatever...

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/stanza_rae/SAMPLE2_zpspz4rqgi1.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b223/stanza_rae/SAMPLE1_zpssuxouuwp.jpg

-----
Last edited by Almost Heaven on 1/31/2015 5:37:24 PM
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/31/2015 10:46:13 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Almost Heaven,
LOVE LOVE LOVE!
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
2/1/2015 3:14:54 PM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

I really like this idea, however I don't think that 7 individual clubs would be a viable option. Given the current lack of activity, it is unlikely that all 7 clubs would generate sufficient participation - even if forum activity did increase.

I also believe that it is better to centralise any extra clubs/groups on this site, rather than outsourcing to an external website. Make it simple for people to participate (like breed forums) and they will happy :)

I would tend to suggest that the SD Fever forum is utilised, although it can be renamed, repurposed and started fresh. A thread could be created for each purpose - breeder discussion, awards, show sponsorship, Q & A - etc.

Just my thoughts happy :)

Analeyn
 S. B. G. Chow Chows
Basic User

Basic User
2/1/2015 5:34:27 PM reply with quote send message to S. B. G. Chow Chows Object to Post

My thoughts were that it to be carried out like every other show... Kennels jut simply host them.
 Blue Water
Basic User

Basic User
2/8/2015 5:36:28 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Water Object to Post

posted by S. B. G. Chow Chows
My thoughts were that it to be carried out like every other show... Kennels jut simply host them.
Agreed....maybe these cost slightly more.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.