.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Where did everybody go?
 Grandiose
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/21/2015 8:14:32 PM reply with quote send message to Grandiose Object to Post   

I remember when this forum used to be constantly moving...multiple new posts a day and multiple "hot topics" going on.
Now it seems mostly abandoned.

Is everyone gone? Does no one post here anymore?
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
2/21/2015 11:31:33 PM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

I think we can all agree, that the forums are pretty dead. Someone of us are active but obviously not everyone. A lot of the oldies left, I think, or they are still active in the game but just not active in the forums. Idk.

Anyways, WELCOME BACK! I remembered you! You had a litter of Cardigans way back and you posted it on here and kept us on our toes from those cute puppyness. Is everything good? I forgot the name of the puppy that you kept, it was a male right?
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
2/21/2015 11:33:07 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

this post has been edited 6 time(s)

Yes, it has been very quiet on here for some time now. I am awaiting the arrival of our 2nd litter. Seelie and Bug will be 2 yrs old this coming May (from our first litter). So we did another co-breeding. GCh.Molly has been bred to BIS,GCh.Kaleef's Giacomo Champeon. And is co-bred with Molly's breeder. Busy times are coming!

krisk

-----
Last edited by krisk on 2/23/2015 10:44:10 PM
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
2/22/2015 1:33:01 AM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

It really is unfortunate that the forum isn't active anymore, I enjoyed seeing other people's dogs, learning from others and of course sharing my bunch happy :)

I look forward to seeing the upcoming litter Krisk
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
2/22/2015 4:48:47 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I use to always be a top commentator but recently it's been really busy at work (I'm a groomer) and I have a class in the morning. I also did a lot of traveling with my show dog and am now in the process of getting another one and doing research on his breed, lines, and conditioning.
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/22/2015 9:57:13 PM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

I'm here! Was a player way back from maybe 2005-2008 and I've been on and off since then. I lurk on the forums but rarely post. happy :)
 .envoy.
Basic User

Basic User
2/22/2015 10:21:14 PM reply with quote send message to .envoy. Object to Post

I'm not active much at all but I do stalk the forums almost daily!
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/22/2015 11:34:31 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I'm still here too.

How are the pointers and corgis?

Krisk...looking forward to seeing Molly puppies too! New pictures of sealie?

Envoy... How are your dogs? Any new photos?

My boxers are doing well, zoe turned 7 last month and Rio is almost 5 now.
 Cedar Creek Redbones
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2015 2:08:42 AM reply with quote send message to Cedar Creek Redbones Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

I haven't been active in almost a year. I will make a post soon of everything new happening here. I had a bred by go to Westminster, new dogs, and an upcoming breeding that I'm still planning for Whisper. Stay tuned! happy :)

Whisper

Judge

---
Last edited by Cedar Creek Redbones on 2/23/2015 2:27:49 AM

-----
Last edited by Cedar Creek Redbones on 2/23/2015 2:33:20 AM

-----
Last edited by Cedar Creek Redbones on 2/23/2015 2:35:42 AM
 Cedar Creek Redbones
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2015 2:09:59 AM reply with quote send message to Cedar Creek Redbones Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Cedar Creek Redbones on 2/23/2015 2:12:03 AM
 Grandiose
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2015 2:57:06 PM reply with quote send message to Grandiose Object to Post

I would come back and check the forums but as they got less active, I stopped checking as often.
Now that I decided to play the game again, I check them daily and they seem empty. Maybe we can change that. lol

Yep, we had a Cardigan litter almost two years ago (they will be 2 in May). I kept Gable, who is now finished and working on growing up a bit before he starts his specials career, whatever that may be.
Had another Cardi litter in October, but dont think I posted any photos here of them....will have to remedy that wink ;)
 Grandiose
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2015 3:04:11 PM reply with quote send message to Grandiose Object to Post

Gable (aka Mr Handsome) ... the puppy I kept from our litter that will be two in May.

Our litter from this past fall:

Gizmo (the puppy we kept from the above litter) ...

The Pointers are doing good, just hanging out mostly....hoping we can have a Pointer litter this year, been too long since I've had Pointer puppies!!

Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2015 3:06:44 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

They look great Grandiose!
Nothing cuter than corgi puppies!

-----
Last edited by Summerwind Kennels on 2/23/2015 3:12:04 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2015 4:12:20 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Loving the updates! Gorgeous dogs all around!
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/23/2015 8:14:20 PM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

Corgi babies! They are precious!
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/24/2015 9:08:15 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Thanks for the pupdate Grandiose, I always enjoy hearing about/seeing pics of your gorgeous Pointers, and the Corgis are looking lovely too. happy :)

Krisk - please post puppy pics! Loved watching your last litter grow up.

Cedar Creek- I just love Blueticks, I hope to have one someday laugh :D
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 10:38:40 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

The fitst picture of Whisper is gorgeous. She turned out so beautiful, so breathtaking. I cannot wait until she has a litter of her own. As for Gable, he really is Mr. Handsome. You can tell he need to mature up a bit by that sleazy grin he has in one of his pictures, lol.
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 10:41:30 AM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

Krisk: I have a question, I notice that you co-own some of your dogs. Why is that? What is the purpose of co-owning/breeding and what are their cons and pros?
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 5:15:58 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

Currently all my dogs are co-owned/co-bred (the ones I have been involved in breeding). My reason for this is economics basically. The lady I breed/show with has been breeding for over 30 years and I have always had one of her GSDs in my house. My first GSD was bred by her, my first Champion was bred by her and so on. Right now we both live in a city with a limit of 3 dogs. So between us we consider ourselves a limit of 6 dogs (that stay around). Also when we have a litter, it helps to split the work and such. Having 3 or 4 puppies in your home to feed, clean and train is easier than 6 or 8. Sometimes it takes a bit to find the right home, spliting the litter takes some of the pressure off. She also is limited in her mobility (uses a wheelchair predominately), so I generally have the puppies out and about. It works well for us.

Co-owning has it's pluses and minuses. You really have to do your research. See if the person has co-owned before. Talk to the people they co-own with. There are some real benefits, but there are also some horror stories about co-owning. Co-owning is quite often used by the breeder to ensure a show prospect gets shown and health tested before breeding and such. It is also a way for a breeder to ensure the return of puppy back, if that was part of the placement.

krisk
 Mistys
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/25/2015 5:34:10 PM reply with quote send message to Mistys Object to Post

I'm still here too laugh :D (Misty Crazy) just don't post much because..well nobody else does either so I feel alone lol

I lost Misty a year and a half ago to Cancer, she was only 10, and I lost Baby almost a year ago to Liver Failure, she was only 8.

I think it was just these 3 when I posted more frequently

Happy, Misty and Baby(Electra). just Happy is left of that trio now, she is 14.5 years old, and just as insane as ever lol

currently this is my pack

Gem, Gypsy, Paisley, Happy

and I just added Sola to the pack in late December, she's 4 months now(14 weeks in this pic)

Logan Creek Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/27/2015 9:45:38 PM reply with quote send message to Logan Creek Kennels Object to Post

I stalk to forums but rarely post....

I lost Kujoi a year ago April 11th and I miss him every single day.

JJ is still doing great. He is retired and is a big couch potato now loving life!!

Remedy has 9 points with a major and has 5 chances for majors in 2 weeks so here is hoping I get her finished!!

I still have lots of the oldies on facebook so I keep up with a few of you!

I hope you all are doing great.
-Mariah

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.