Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 17

Author Topic : So you joined SD when?
 RockBottomHounds
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/18/2015 8:23:48 PM reply with quote send message to RockBottomHounds Object to Post   

Thought it might be interesting to know when everyone joined SD, whether they had played continuously since, if not when they returned:

I joined 13th June 2003, I think I must have left in 2005, came back end of 2014, love it as much as I ever did before.
 King Blazzo Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/18/2015 9:57:42 PM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Kennels Object to Post

i just started i think like august of last year. been here every single day since.
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
3/18/2015 10:43:48 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I started originally in 2004/2005 can't remember exactly. I left around 2 years later and came back January of last year. Love this game, always have, always will.
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/18/2015 11:20:11 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

My best guess would to say I started sometime in 2006, left in 2008/2009ish. Just came back in the beginning of February of this year because I remembered the great memories I had playing this game.

Figured it would be a great place to reach out and find RL breeder connections too when I decide to get a new puppy. Only have a rescue atm, but grew up in a showing/breeding household which drew me to this site in the first place.
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
3/18/2015 11:23:16 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

I signed up on a whim all the way back in 2004 sometime, picked up a couple dogs to show, got bored quickly, and just hung around SD for the forums and making banners.

In May of 2006 a really nice user name Morning Star Dogs liked the banner I made them so much that they graciously decided to add my kennel to their family account, giving me my first taste of premiumship. I started in malamutes and Siberian huskies immediately, and was hooked. Being able to build a line and actually contribute to my breeds made all the difference to me. Later on when the family account was dropped, and my kennel went back to being basic, I didn't delay in upgrading myself, and have been upgraded every since then.

I played almost constantly until 2012, but problems in my life made me quit this and pretty much everything else for quite some time. I was away for two years before this game crossed my mind again, but I became active again in November, and have been on everyday since.
 DragonFire Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2015 1:05:33 AM reply with quote send message to DragonFire Kennels Object to Post

I started sometime in 2004 or 2005 and had a family account for a couple years before leaving. I just came back 2 months ago after receiving an email from Jeff to come back. I don't remember my password for my main account so joined back on this one. I forgot how awesome this site is.
 NoahBlack
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2015 2:00:46 AM reply with quote send message to NoahBlack Object to Post

some bozo roped me into it wink ;)
 Kovert
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2015 2:18:09 AM reply with quote send message to Kovert Object to Post

I first joined 1/11/2005 (The Dane Spot) because I saw an advertisement for it on neopets. I quickly dropped neopets for here, as I felt that was too "childish" for my mature 15 years of age. laugh :D I believe I upgraded less than a month later and started a basic kennel (TreeHouse Kennel 2/14/2005). Then I started a third premium kennel (GraveDigger Kennel 1/10/2006). Per the signed up date, I got a family sub 2/4/2009 (SmokeJumper Kennel & Rehab Kennel [named after the band]). I ended up leaving 2/4/2010 because of life but one day I was sitting at our property and saw a tree stand then my bored mind went from tree stand to tree house to "OMG treehouse kennel!! I HAVE to go back to Showdog when I get home!"

Couldn't remember a single password to revive my old kennels, so I started Treestand (seemed only fitting, as that jogged my memory! laugh :D I started Treestand 2/22/2014 and got my feet wet by showing and finishing a few breeds. Then I got a Gordon Setter and fell in love with the breed, so I upgraded a few weeks after my birthday. My official premium date for Treestand is 8/14/2014 .... It will take a lot for me to leave again. I missed and love this site so much! I'm able to have a bunch of dogs and show/breed them, both of which I don't get the opportunity to do in real life. Plus there's no responsibility for the litters after they are born! (bonus in my world! laugh :D )
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2015 2:26:25 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I'm fairly sure I first signed up to SD in June 2007 ... so that means I've been on here on/off (mostly on!) for 9 years now!

My now Basic kennel 'Rijbakluva' is my oldest kennel that is still running - but I have had many kennels over the year happy :)

This has to be the best website that I have ever come across - I spend many hours a week breeding, showing and perusing the forums - and now banner making happy :)

Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/19/2015 6:03:57 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

I'm a newbie compared to everyone above. I joined up August 2012, but didn't actually get my first dog, and start playing until the start of 2013 happy :)
 Lëgacÿ
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2015 7:57:11 AM reply with quote send message to Lëgacÿ Object to Post

My first kennel was created in 2003.

Oh those days....I just miss them.
 Blue Water
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2015 2:25:43 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Water Object to Post

2004 happy :) been on and off this site since then happy :)
 Passion Storm
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2015 2:43:51 PM reply with quote send message to Passion Storm Object to Post

I took over this account in late... 2013? I think, but I've had my first account (bryerwood kennel) since 24th March 2008. It's currently basic but I'm debating about re-upgrading it again, now that I'm not so busy with university. It's crazy to think I've been here 7 years.
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/27/2015 3:35:04 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

I started back in 2006 with Ewill Showdogs as my kennel name (wow, I just took a major trip down memory lane to my middle school years lol) and then took a huge break until 2010. I came back as a basic for a bit then, but didn't fully come back with this kennel until 2012. I've been playing consistently since July of 2012 with this kennel happy :)

Em
 Tabriz
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2015 4:55:21 PM reply with quote send message to Tabriz Object to Post

Had a basic in 2003, my mom wouldn't let me subscribe. Then finally subscribed in 2004 (EliteHounds).

Been here pretty much each day ever since. Whew!! happy :)
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2015 7:56:44 PM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

June 25, 2003 consistently in just this kennel.
 Regenhaus
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2015 10:54:54 PM reply with quote send message to Regenhaus Object to Post

I joined July 8, 2008 with my original basic account, Sora972. As I forgot my password, I then started up my standard account Aztec Blessing a few years ago (2010 I believe). After losing my password again I created Regenhaus in 2011. Again I lost touch with this game since it was only a basic account at the time and high school pretty much took all of my attention. Upon graduating high school and going to college I found myself thinking about this game again and I decided to come back. In November of last year I decided to upgrade this kennel and I've been on it ever since happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/29/2015 2:39:19 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

It's wonderful that so many people have been players (on and off) for so many years.

Replies in this thread : 17

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.