Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Studs on approval
 Lanakila Corgis
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/25/2015 2:00:07 PM reply with quote send message to Lanakila Corgis Object to Post   

Ok, maybe I have missed the answer somewhere...but when I put up a stud on approval only, someone was still able to use him without my approval--I never received any notification that they were requesting to use him, I just got an email that so-and-so was bred to my stud. What is the point of having a stud on approval when anyone can breed to them anyway?
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/25/2015 6:15:36 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Must be a glitch, because before when you placed a stud on approval, the person would request a pairing and then you would approve the pairing. Not sure where you go for that, as I never place mine on approval, but maybe someone can help with that.

Have you emailed admin to let them know this happened?
 Wynsolot
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2015 2:17:42 AM reply with quote send message to Wynsolot Object to Post

Just out of interest, why do you put studs on approval?

In the breeds I am in, there would be no point

I seem to remember requesting a stud and when the owner didn't respond after a few days, the breeding went through and I got some great pups!
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2015 4:53:29 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

from the help section

"IMPORTANT: If you do not decline a stud service within 24-hours of the request, it will be automatically approved. If you know you won't be online for at least 24-hours and do not want your stud used, please disable stud services for him. Once the 24-hours is up, you can still decline an offer, however the person making the offer has the option of breeding to your stud if you don't decline."

"What if I don't login for 24-hours and my stud gets used by somebody I don't want it to be used by?
This is a risk you take by offering your dogs up for stud. Rather than leaving your potential stud service customers hanging for days at a time, if you do not decline a request within 24-hours, it is automatically accepted.

We do this to prevent frustration on the part of users who are attempting to breed their bitches. Waiting two days for an approval for the use of a stud they are paying money for is a inconvenience we aren't willing to place on your stud service customers.
"

-----
Last edited by PPvallhunds on 3/26/2015 4:55:50 PM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.